SI

114 Signins

1092 Page Views

• Views: 1092
  • Message 1 of 2

cn4093, two storages per server/ufp config

2020-09-11, 5:36 AM

Hello

so right now I have one fcoe path to server.

ufp port INTA5 vport 1

network mode access

network default-vlan 3020

qos bandwidth min 10

qos bandwidth max 50

enable

exit

!

ufp port INTA5 vport 2

network mode fcoe

network default-vlan 1002

qos bandwidth min 10

enable

exit

!

ufp port INTA5 enable

From what I read in documentation it is always vport2 dedicated for fcoe (storage connection to server). Is it possible to configure ufp so that server will have option having two different storages?

br

miha

Solved! See the solution
Options

105 Posts

06-03-2020

US

83 Signins

890 Page Views

• Views: 890
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:cn4093, two storages per server/ufp config

2020-09-11, 14:45 PM

Hello Miha,

With UFP, you can only get one virtual port for FCoE  per physical NIC (As you noted, this is vport 2). But typically (99.999% of the time in my experience) when you deploy a Flex chassis you deploy it with two switches. And each switch has it's own set of UFP ports for each NIC. So typically you use each switch to give you two paths out to storage. As an example, if you had a server in slot 1, up front and enabled UFP on that server, there would be a a UFP vport 1.2 on each switch. Each switch would attach to a different SAN fabric (i.e. SAN A and SAN B). Thus giving you redundancy to the storage behind SAN A and SAN B.

With that said, if you are trying to hook up to two seperate storage systems (each with their own SAN A and SAN B paths), then that would typically require using a quad port NIC in the server, and setting them all up for UFP. In that way you would have 2 UFP vport 2's from each server to each switch, and then each switch could have paths to two completely different SANs (this also requires a different FCoE VLAN toward each SAN, to isolate the SAN traffic within the switch). Note to use a quad port NIC in the server will also require enabling the associated INTBX port for that server (assuming this is a CN4093 switch, could be done with license remapping of unused ports or by buying an upgrade to enable all INTBX ports)

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Matt

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete