Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
badasaxe
What's DOS?
Views: 42
Message 1 of 1

Can't set brightness with nouveu drivers on Debian 10 on an hybrid graphics P51 with a P1000

Basically the issue is this.
When the computer is in the discrete graphics bios mode, I am not able to set brightness of the laptops display.

If I install primus and bumblebee and set it to hybrid mode in the bios, I am able to change brightness, but DP external monitor output is not working.

I have tried a lot of things, none worked, to be able to set brightness on discrete only mode.

* xbacklight (does nothing, which makes me believe the problem is not at the keys themselfes, but rather something lower level that can't set it)
* tried booting with the acpi_backlight=vendor parameters in grub and also acpi_osi=Linux
* Section "Device"
        Identifier  "card0"
        Driver      "intel"
        Option      "Backlight"  "intel_backlight"
        BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection
* echo -n 0 > /sys/module/video/parameters/brightness_switch_enabled

Brightness controls worked on Manjaro, but I was using the propietary drivers which I would like not to use.

Has anyone solved this for nouveu?

Edit:

* Tried this app, https://github.com/haikarainen/light and got this:

No backlight controller was found, so we could not decide an automatic target. The current command will have no effect. Please use -L to find a target and then specify it with -s.

Listing device targets: sysfs/leds/tpacpi::thinklight sysfs/leds/input7::numlock sysfs/leds/input7::capslock sysfs/leds/tpacpi:Smiley Tongueower sysfs/leds/input0::scrolllock sysfs/leds/input0::capslock sysfs/leds/tpacpi::standby sysfs/leds/input0::numlock sysfs/leds/tpacpi::thinkvantage sysfs/leds/input7::scrolllock sysfs/leds/tpacpi::kbd_backlight util/test/dryrun

I tried thinkvantage but that did nothing. According to this site, https://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Thinkpad-acpi, I should have under tpacpi:Smiley Tongueower brightness, but I don't see it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals