Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Agent-88
Token Ring
Views: 1,554
Message 1 of 5

BT laser mouse in Win10

After upgrading to Windows 10, my BT laser mouse worked for a while and then quit.  When checked, Windows showed it connected/paired, but it was unresponsive.  I put in fresh batteries, did another pairing and again, it showed paired but still unresponsive.  I went to the Control Panel and did a driver update.  It reported back that my driver was the most recent.  Thinking the laser failed, I was about to trash it when I came across a Microsoft article saying that in such cases, remove the device and re-install through Settings.  I did so, and Voila! it worked again!

Agent-88
Token Ring
Views: 1,553
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT laser mouse in Win10

BTW:  My system is a T510 Thinkpad Laptop.

Agent-88
Token Ring
Views: 1,364
Message 3 of 5

There is a Windows 10 driver at https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd005570  After downloading and installing go to Windows 10 settings and choose BT devices, and click on mouse, etc. A page will open asking you for a PIN number to connect.  Use 0000 and it will connect.  If you lose connection after using it for a while, go back to Settings, remove the device and then Add a device, etc. etc.  Why it takes more than one setup is unknown.  BTW: download the User's Guide while you are at the above site.

grahasc
What's DOS?
Views: 1,310
Message 4 of 5

It sounds like I had the same problem here - the bluetooth mouse would work for a few seconds, and then drop out.  I downloaded the mouse suite, and so far, so good.  I didn't need to set the PIN mentioned (unless that's something that comes up later).  But, everything looks good.  Thank you.

Agent-88
Token Ring
Views: 803
Message 5 of 5

Well, it seems like there is always another twist to the routine.  My BT Laser Mouse would not respond at all today.  After struggling with removing and re-adding the BT Laser Mouse in Win 10 Settings, entering the PIN code, etc. to  no avail, I tried recycling the radio on/off.  This is not as easy as it sounds.  My Fn+F5 keys had no effect (could be because I am running Windows 10), so I had to go to the source: Windows Key + r, then type in C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\HOTKEY\OSD\F5 and double click on the file TpFnF5.  Cycle the OSD the radio button for the BT Mouse.  Once more back to Windows Settings and remove/add BT Laser Mouse and VOILA!!  I am back in business.

Top Kudoed Authors