Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 4 (386 Views)

BT laser mouse in Win10

After upgrading to Windows 10, my BT laser mouse worked for a while and then quit.  When checked, Windows showed it connected/paired, but it was unresponsive.  I put in fresh batteries, did another pairing and again, it showed paired but still unresponsive.  I went to the Control Panel and did a driver update.  It reported back that my driver was the most recent.  Thinking the laser failed, I was about to trash it when I came across a Microsoft article saying that in such cases, remove the device and re-install through Settings.  I did so, and Voila! it worked again!

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 4 (385 Views)

Re: BT laser mouse in Win10

BTW:  My system is a T510 Thinkpad Laptop.

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 4 (196 Views)

There is a Windows 10 driver at https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd005570  After downloading and installing go to Windows 10 settings and choose BT devices, and click on mouse, etc. A page will open asking you for a PIN number to connect.  Use 0000 and it will connect.  If you lose connection after using it for a while, go back to Settings, remove the device and then Add a device, etc. etc.  Why it takes more than one setup is unknown.  BTW: download the User's Guide while you are at the above site.

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4 (142 Views)

It sounds like I had the same problem here - the bluetooth mouse would work for a few seconds, and then drop out.  I downloaded the mouse suite, and so far, so good.  I didn't need to set the PIN mentioned (unless that's something that comes up later).  But, everything looks good.  Thank you.

Top kudoed Authors