What's DOS?
Views: 503
Message 1 of 2

Display resolution problem

This is my setup:
Thinkpad T580 laptop.
Thinkpad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2.
2 Thinkvision P27q-10 displays.

I am extending the desktop between the 2 monitors and not using the laptop's display at all. The problem is that I cannot get the maximum resolution (2560x1440) for both displays but instead for only one of the two. The maximum resolution for the other display is only 1920x1080. I have tried connecting the displays in multiple different ways: HDMIs, DPs, Mini DPs, daisy chaining. I have also tried different drivers and different refresh rates but nothing seems to work.

What can I do in order to get the 2560x1440 resolution for both displays? Thank you in advance.

Rycoa
Blue Screen Again
Views: 207
Message 2 of 2

Re: Display resolution problem

I fixed my setup (I'm using exactly the same gear as you), it turns out I was plugging the thunderbolt dock into the USB-C port of the T580, this allows charging of the laptop and shows all the peripherals but doesnt allow you to run two displays in QHD (2560x1440).

What you need to do is plug the dock into the port next to it (the Thunderbolt port) then the external displays will both run the correct resolution (2560x1440) 

However, now there is nothing charging the laptop so you will need to plug power into the USB-C port as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors