cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 473
Message 1 of 5

I'm a happy owner of some components of the ThinkPad Stack!

- Hard Drive

- BT Speaker

- Projector

I haven't done deep dive tests yet, but my finding so far:

• 1TB Hard Drive

The unit is very small and light, it feels yet very stable and it worked out of the box. I had zero problems to connect it to various ThinkPads Notebooks and in my own made desktop. There are PDF manuals pre-stored. An (outdated) version of the ThinkPad Stack Assistant was also available in my drive

• BT Speaker 

Setting up the BT speaker to work was a piece of cake, I could paired it with several mobile phone, tablets and notebooks using BT out of the box, I havent' tried using the provided cable yet.

Unfortunately, once the speaker is on you can year a background noise (like an old transistor radio interference) , so if you're not using the full volume this noise remains... Which is not good actually :-(  This happened with whatever device I used....

• Projector

The projector is cool, I will post more details later, once I have tested it with all my devices. I attached it quickly via wlan to one of my tables and it worked flawlessly 

• Software

I have some complains with the software. First, the ThinkPad stack assistant is only useful for the projector and router. This was nos clearly stated in the product documentation or in the sofware. I realize there is no much to "assist" for the hard disc, but it would be good to check at least the battery status on the BT speaker. The application also hang few times in Win10 (1703).

As for Android, according to the documents it should work with v. 4.4 or higher. But I couldn't make it work in anything below Android 6.0.1. The app will just hang on my Yoga Tab 2 Pro (5.0.1), the same for my Lenovo A8 Tablet (4.4.2).

This is so far. I'll keep this thread updated as long as I progress with my tests. Feel free to post any question here!

L40SX/240/240X/340CSE/360PE/365XD/380D/380E/380XD/380Z/390/560E/560X/570/600/600E/750Cs/755C/760CD/760EL/760XD/770E/A20p/A22/A31/i1600/G40/R50p/R61i/S30/SL510/T22/T4x/T6x/T4x0/T5x0/W5x0/W700/X1/X2x/X3x/X4x/X6x/X6xT/X2xx/X200T/X30x/Z60m/Z61x

Español Comunidad en Español  English English Community  Deutsche Deutsche Community   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Untitled-4.png
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 457
Message 2 of 5

Re: Feedback: ThinkPad Stack

Ok, got to play around a little :-)

I understand now why some of the stack recommendations. The pogo connectors seems to recognize the three devices I have when I connect them, but the system react differently. Some examples

Scenario 1

Projector

HDD

BT Speaker

With ^this config, the projector automatically recognizes the HDD, and files stored in it can be used for projection (docs, movies, pictures). The BT speaker is used when it's turned on. But if you turned off the BT speaker, let's say in the middle of the movie, or if the internal battery has no more power, the projector does not switch automatically to its internal speaker.

You have to "unstack" the BT speaker (or reboot the projector) to get sound again. Turning on the projector with the BT speaker "stacked" but offline also produces no sound from the projector.

Scenario 2

Projector

BT Speaker

HDD

With ^this config, the external hard drive is not recognized! The behaviour of the BT speaker is the same as described in scenario 1

The projector quality is nice, I can't say much about battery life because I think my battery is defective, it discharges from 100% to 0% in few ours staying offline. Most of the movies I tested so far work without stutter or glitches. There is an internal storage space with about 10GB free, which is enough for few movies/documents. With the USB interface you can also attach any USB drive and I guess any external USB hard drive.

The projectors internal software is quite easy to use and files can be copied back an forth between the projector's internal storage, an external USB and HDD Stack.

Speaking of HDD, according to HWInfo64 mine is a Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB.

I'll keep trying the projector for more movies. Stay tuned... Smiley Happy

-

L40SX/240/240X/340CSE/360PE/365XD/380D/380E/380XD/380Z/390/560E/560X/570/600/600E/750Cs/755C/760CD/760EL/760XD/770E/A20p/A22/A31/i1600/G40/R50p/R61i/S30/SL510/T22/T4x/T6x/T4x0/T5x0/W5x0/W700/X1/X2x/X3x/X4x/X6x/X6xT/X2xx/X200T/X30x/Z60m/Z61x

Español Comunidad en Español  English English Community  Deutsche Deutsche Community   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Untitled-4.png
Guru
Views: 445
Message 3 of 5

Hi. I just noticed this forum.

I just got the projector and I will try to squeeze out more if the software functionality.

I want to see my HDD network drive pictures and movies, but the app that came into to the projector (Files) does not want to connect to the HDD or to the desktop PC I have.

Plex works, but since I don't have the paid version is quite annoying.

Netflix installes but does not run.

Any other trying to squeeze out the software functionality of the projector?

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

joe75
HDMI
Views: 340
Message 4 of 5

Hello, 

I have a question, are you not bothered at all by the fan noise of this compact videoprojector?

When i bought it, i was hoping it would be silent or even fanless.

On the specifications, there is no indication of any operating  level noise, i suspect now  it can go up 45 db which is huge.

I am quite disappointed because of the fan noise and the projector is sealed so there is no way to replace it by a silent fan...

also there are a few options projections mode missing like mirror and rear and ceiling projection.

Thinkpad 8 4G/128 GB LTE 64 bits Windows 10 pro/8.1 pro
Koko23
What's DOS?
Views: 254
Message 5 of 5

Does anyone know how the Software on the stack projector can be updated. Online update doesn't work for some reason and i'm searching for possiility of updating trhough USB?

I would appreciate if anyone can help

Top Kudoed Authors