Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esr01
Paper Tape
Views: 381
Message 1 of 3

Flickering Webcam Video on TB 3 Dock Gen 2

I recently switched my X1C6 to use the Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 (40AN0135US) and it's been working great, however, when using an external webcam such as the Logitech BRIO or C920, the video output to applications such as Zoom begin to flicker.

Has anyone experienced issues like this when using this or a similar dock?

I've verified drivers and firmware for all components are up to date, but am still experiencing this issue when using the dock. 

Thanks!

BerwickSEC
What's DOS?
Views: 190
Message 2 of 3

Re: Flickering Webcam Video on TB 3 Dock Gen 2

I have the same problem. If I plug the Logitech Web Camera direct into the brand new laptop, it does NOT flicker. 

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this ?

I also have an issue with my USB wireles keyboard/mouse combo - when I put the USB dongle into the Thunderbolt3 it will not acknowledge the Keyboard until after the Microsoft encryption blue screen - any ideas on this too ?

dataformers
What's DOS?
Views: 43
Message 3 of 3

Re: Flickering Webcam Video on TB 3 Dock Gen 2

Hello esr01,

I just wanted to add that we experience the same issue.

We have two brand new ThinkPad X1 Extreme 2nd Gen (20QV) and Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 (40AN0135EU) connected to Logitech C930e webcams. With both devices the video output in Microsoft Teams will begin to flicker.

The issue does NOT occur when we connect the webcam directly to the laptop's USB port. Also, the issue does not occur with ThinkPad X1 Extreme 1st Gen (20MF).

We already replaced the dock, thunderbolt cable and webcam. Drivers and firmware of the dock, laptop and webcam are up to date. We even did a clean install of the thunderbolt drivers on one of the devices.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors