Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

09-05-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 4

Frustrated - Lenovo Pen Pro replacement nibs

2021-06-01, 21:26 PM

I have the Lenovo Pen Pro (4X80R02889) and it's awesome—nice and accurate, long battery life, the works. Unfortunately, after about a year or so, I've gone through all of the replacement tips that shipped with the pen. And as far as I can tell, there's no way to buy more.

This pen tip kit is not compatible with the Pen Pro; I tried it, and the tips are the completely wrong size and shape. The tips that come with the Pen Pro look more conical and less oblong.

After going through several customer support phone trees, I still don't have any workable solutions. Other than the suggestion to buy an entirely new Pen Pro just for the new tips (which seems less than ideal... not only is that expensive, but I don't need a new pen itself, just the tips), nobody could offer any solutions.

Is there anything I can do? I know that replacement tips exist; three of them shipped with the initial order for my pen. I'll pay however much it costs to get a half dozen extra tips. Otherwise, if the only solution is "buy a whole new pen," I'm probably just gonna buy a Wacom pen since Wacom actually sells individual nibs and doesn't require you to buy an entirely new pen every time.

Options

5656 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

928 Signins

28789 Page Views

• Views: 28789
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Frustrated - Lenovo Pen Pro replacement nibs

2021-06-01, 23:39 PM

Hello whitewaking!

Greetings

Unfortunately, the Lenovo Pen Pro doesn't have a CRUable feature/parts as mentioned by the support team.

However, you can wait for fellow users' suggestions or recommendations especially for those who tried something else.

Regards

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

91 Posts

08-15-2017

Netherlands

126 Signins

1351 Page Views

• Views: 1351
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-06-04, 17:04 PM

Wacom nibs for "Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus" should fit probably as the make the pen for Lenovo.

https://estore.wacom.com/en-GB/catalog/product/view/id/5017/s/stylus-nibs-for-cs322ak-ack24006z.html

I got a Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus and the nibs do look very similar.

Have a look for yourself:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stylus/comments/g9ubyi/convert_a_wacom_bamboo_ink_plus_soft_nib_into_a/

Should work fine.

Have to say it's pretty bad service from Lenovo to let Wacom manufacture their pens and not offer replacement parts themself. Therefore I'd got for a original Wacom anytime.

Options

4 Posts

09-05-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-06-04, 20:31 PM

Interesting... these do look similar! I might have to give it a shot. Thanks for the tip (ha ha)!

And I agree, it's disappointing that Lenovo doesn't sell replacement tips outright. Definitely going to choose a pen with easily-replaceable tips next time, and Wacom seems to be the winner here...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)