Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Highlighted
What's DOS?
0 Kudos

G560 Docking

Hi community,

I have a Lenovo G560 laptop and I would like a docking station so that hook up my TV, speakers, external hard-drives, etc very easily. Are there any ones out there atm?

Also, I am very interested in looking at upgrading my gfx card. I have the dedicated Geforce 300M inside, but I have heard of some docking stations allowing additional ones plugged into it. Anyone else heard of this?

Thanks,

Joe

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Re: G560 Docking

[ Edited ]

I don't think the G560 has a dock port on the bottom of the laptop, so your only option would probably be one of the USB port replicators. Current offerings are on this page: http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:show-categor...

The USB2.0 one would be the only one that would work on the G560.

I hate those things as there are some painful workarounds when various 'freezes' happen(i have three where i work and all have given the same issue), but for the most part it works fine. 

There are other types that are not lenovo branded(none of which I've tried):

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=604&name=Docking%20Stations

The Lenovo Advanced dock is the name of the one that allows you to add a video card, but they are only for the older T61/R61 laptops and require a dock port on the bottom.  I highly doubt you can find a USB port replicator with the ability to add a video card.