Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ntsa15
Paper Tape
Views: 1,395
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 730S - Thinkpad USB-C Dock - external dual monitor not found

I am trying to connect my new Ideapad 730S (SN: *********) to an external monitor using a ThinkPad USB-C Dock (SN: ZAF141E8). I was told several times by different Lenovo reps that my computer is compatible with the dock. When trying to hook up the external monitor, using a DP to HDMI adapter, my laptop says "Didn't connect another display". I've downloaded the dock's driver and made sure the display is on the correct input setting. I've successfully used these monitors using another computer/dock so I'm pretty certain it's not the monitor or the DP>HDMI cord. 

After reading the community posts, I also tried updating the dock's firmware, but received the error in the picture below. I've power cycled the device with no luck. I've also updated my BIOS, whatever that is. 

Has anyone successfully connected the Ideapad 730S to the thinkpad USB-C dock? Or could someone provide me with direction on what to try next? I'm close to returning the dock altogether, but thought I'd give this one last try. I called lenovo support and they said I needed to pay $70 to have one of their software experts to help me...

Thank you!

firmware_error.PNG

Admin note: s/n edited to avoid possible abuse.

ntsa15
Paper Tape
Views: 1,378
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 730S - Thinkpad USB-C Dock - external dual monitor not found

UPDATE:
To solve this issue I plugged in the USB-C into port on the RIGHT side of the laptop. Previously I was plugging it into the left port and it doesn't support external monitors.

To get 2 monitos set up, I also had to uninstall and reinstall drivers.

A lenovo rep helped me with these.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors