cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsweigar
What's DOS?
Views: 834
Message 1 of 5

Is it possible to get two Ultraslim wireless keyboard and mouse to work with the same dongle?

I have two sets of Ultraslim wireless keyboard and mouse.  One for office, one for home.  Each keyboard/mouse combo only works with the USB dongle that shipped with it.  I would prefer to leave only one dongle plugged into my laptop.  Is it possible to link both keyboards and both mice to a single dongle?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 819
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is it possible to get two Ultraslim wireless keyboard and mouse to work with the same dongle?

Read this:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Displays-Options-and-Accessories/Pairing-the-Ultraslim-Keyboard-Mouse/m...

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Lenovo Employee TSchuck
Lenovo Employee
Views: 765
Message 3 of 5

Re: Is it possible to get two Ultraslim wireless keyboard and mouse to work with the same dongle?

Just spoke to the Product Manager for the keyboards and mice and at this time it is not possible. Best of luck. 

Highlighted
dsweigar
What's DOS?
Views: 612
Message 4 of 5

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Lenovo, you should be embarrassed.   Why would anyone buying your ultraslim keyboard and ultraslim mouse want two adapters taking up two of their USB ports?  

SeniorGuru
Views: 601
Message 5 of 5

@dsweigar wrote:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  Lenovo, you should be embarrassed.   Why would anyone buying your ultraslim keyboard and ultraslim mouse want two adapters taking up two of their USB ports?  

Note to Lenovo: Consider someone who has a preference for a different mouse or a different keyboard than comes with the mouse/keyboard combo. If they buy all four devices from Lenovo they will have four adapters requiring four USB ports. I don't think any Lenovo notebook computer has that many USB ports, so that also means they'll need a USB hub and have to carry it with them between office and home.

By contrast at least one of your competitors offers a solution that supports up to six devices on a single adapter that uses a single USB port.