Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 7 (1,734 Views)

Lenovo N5902 wild scrolling issues

I've been having problems with my new HTPC keyboard where it tends to cause the webpage to wildly scroll up or down randomly while typing on the keyboard or messing around with the optical cursor. I am making sure that i'm very clear away from the scroll bar area.

Has anyone had any of these issues??

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 7 (1,622 Views)

Re: Lenovo N5902 wild scrolling issues

no, i have had mine for only a week but not had this issue.  A question though.  Does your keyboard feel spongy?  Like it has seperated from the device, and every key moves when you just press a single key?

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7 (1,048 Views)

I've had this issue off and on over the past couple years of having this N5902 controller. I just figured out that my issue was a hardware issue in the controller and NOT a driver issue. It was doing much like what you describe...apparently related to side scrolling sensors. I fixed it by smacking the "pointer sensor" part of controller on the palm of my hand relatively hard, but not hard enough to where I was afraid I'd break it. It fixed the issue.

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7 (203 Views)

Hi

I ve using this keyboard for 3 years and I very happy with it.

Yesterday it began with this issue. Your solution works for me but. Where are the lenovo tech support people helping the users?

Guru
Message 5 of 7 (196 Views)

Luciano_ar wrote:

Hi

I ve using this keyboard for 3 years and I very happy with it.

Yesterday it began with this issue. Your solution works for me but. Where are the lenovo tech support people helping the users?

Welcome to the forum.

Since this device is now 3 years old I doubt that Lenovo will be able to help you. After all it is well past the end of its warranty.

I've had an N5902 for several years too. I've tried several other remote pointing/typing devices with various media players. This one is far better than any other.

Fortunately I haven't encountered the same problem with it as others have in this thread. Then again I sometimes drop the remote on our wood floor so maybe that also "resets" the scrolling sensor Smiley Wink

One issue that I have noticed is that the circular mouse nub sometimes doesn't work when my finger is damp or wet. A simple solution for that is to either dry off the finger or use another finger.

Message 6 of 7 (187 Views)

Hi

It does not help on this thread but it seems that Lenovo announced a new Multimedia Remote on CES 2017.

The Lenovo 500 Multimedia Controller: 

https://www.cnet.com/products/lenovo-500-multimedia-controller/preview/

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Guru
Message 7 of 7 (179 Views)

martiniturbide wrote:

Lenovo announced a new Multimedia Remote on CES 2017.

The Lenovo 500 Multimedia Controller

Specs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9959xo5gjbncae/Lenovo%20500%20Multimedia%20Controller_Spec%20Sheet.pdf

Alas the keyboard doesn't appear to be backlit like the N5902 keyboard so it's going to be very hard to use in a dark media room. Moreover the specs say only Windows compatible. I wonder if it's going to work with Android TV and Android media players?

Still, the concept is intriguing. Could this spell the end of the TrackPoint on ThinkPads?