Did you mean: 
rabramov
Punch Card
Views: 31,675
Message 11 of 84

Re: Lenovo OneLink Dock with Multiple Monitors

cuba_guy,

Can you please try 1920x1200?

Also, can you check how the OneLink HDMI connection looks in the device manager and post Hardware IDs? If this is a DisplayLink sort of a deal it should show up under USB Display Adapters - and if it is indeed DisplayLink and the chip model is recent enough then perhaps higher resolution is still possible with a different set of drivers.

10x

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 31,660
Message 12 of 84

Lenovo has this new OneLink dock that supports 2 external LCD in addition to one internal. The new dock has a DVI and a Displayport out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQT5Fss7TuE
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
cuba_guy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 31,655
Message 13 of 84

rabramov: will check when i get back home in the evening and post it here

lead_org: do you know when will it be available? I could return mine and get this, but if it's 6 months or so than I would rather keep using mine (by connecting 2 cables instead of one) and sell it with a loss when this becomes available.

Or if it's possible to get high-res from this one than I would keep mine as I only need one monitor at the moment (just moved from 2x22inch fullHD to one 27'' wqhd)

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 31,643
Message 14 of 84

no words on availability yet. But i am waiting it out for this baby. It is so much better than the current OneLink dock

Also there is a chance that the USB 3.0 dock will work along with this OneLink Pro dock..

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
cuba_guy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 31,631
Message 15 of 84

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the existing dock and sell the new one as more expensive "pro" version.

I don't have packaging for my old one anymore so won't be able to return it, + I use it almost every day so probably will buy the new one when it's released and sell old one on ebay.

I also thought that max resolution cap may have something to do with data transfer limit of onelink connector, but that doesn't seem to be the case with new dock features using same connector

rabramov
Punch Card
Views: 31,578
Message 16 of 84

I guess I'll wait it out till the Pro dock comes out... That is assuming the digfitiser issue is a UK only and I'll get the TPY at all. 

I did seen somewehere on TPY thread on notebookreview mention that the current dock goes up to 1020, though

DesignGuy
Paper Tape
Views: 31,090
Message 17 of 84

I have the OneLink dock connecting a new Yoga 2 Pro to a Dell Ultrasharp Monitor (1600x1200).

They are connected using a DVI cable and the quality I am getting on the monitor is not acceptable at all.  When using the OneLink Dock the text on the second monitor appears as it would if the monitor was set to a NON native resolution.

I have tried all the various settings in the 'Intel HD Graphic Control panel'.

The monitor is set to its native resolution.

Is anyone else having this issue?  I work in design... this is a real non-runner for me.

Do Lenovo respond to these posts?

enkei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 30,822
Message 18 of 84

RE: Lenovo OneLink Dock with Multiple Monitors

I'm using a Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock on my new Thinkpad Yoga. There is a Lenovo Thinkvision 2452 display connected via DVI and the lag is not acceptable.

Now I want to try out the new OneLink Pro dock - does anybody already had the chance to compare the two docks?

How does the OneLink dock connect to the Thinkpad Yoga - is it also an internal USB connection, therefore with the same architectural disadvantages or is it a "real" dock with direct graphic output and therefore better performing?

androgenic
Paper Tape
Views: 30,116
Message 19 of 84

I have a Yoga 2 Pro (play) and X1 Carbon 2014 edition (work) and a onelink dock for both.  I was told that I could run the dual monitors off them (I have 2x Dell U2412M).  Now I am finding out I need to get 2 cables...DVI to HDMI...ok...and that I hopefully will be able to run one to the dock and one to the laptop (thereby defeating the point of the dock) to have dual monitors running.  Once you've worked with dual monitors and especially if you write or do spreadsheets...its impossible to go back.  It markedly improves productivity.  So I am frustrated this dock is so lacking.  I don't need it to be super small.  I had a Dell laptop and dock and it did everything...easily I needed it to do.  I've also run out of USB ports.  I don't get why it's so underwhelming.  If for some reason people want a cheap dock lacking ports, can you make another that's far more robust...I could care less if its twice the price. I just need it to work.

Any one have solutions for me here? Is there a new dock coming out? Is there another dock from another company I can use? A USB hub would allow more ports, but then you lose the benefits of the USB 3.0 speed (I hope its 3.0).

And the monitor thing is frustrating.  Can I get a splitter of some kind and it still work?

androgenic
Paper Tape
Views: 30,036
Message 20 of 84

I bought 2 DVI to HDMI cords and only one of my monitors works now.  The one where to cord connects to the OneLink Dock.  The cord coonected to the HDMI port on the laptop doesn't fire up the second monitor...

I AM UNBELIEVABLY FRUSTRATED as my IT guy that ordered the monitors and the X1 Carbon was told by Lenovo this would support dual monitors and at this point it DOES NOT.

DUAL MONITORS is key for business and for the X1 to not support it when ALL of DELL's docks do this.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors