Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nosferatu
Paper Tape
Views: 5,408
Message 61 of 84

Re: Lenovo OneLink Dock with Multiple Monitors

I have the 20A7-005UMD with a I7-4600 and the Pro edition doc.

It has been working fine with 1440P resolution on the latop, and 2 x 1080P screens connected via DVI on the docking station and the Mini displayport to VGA cable.

Im trying to get 3 external screens working, as the laptop screen is just to small in size for a long 8 hour day.

The displayport screen connected to the doc just dosent detect, even if I power on the laptop via the docking station pwr button and dont even open the laptop. 

Any tips ?

Or should I just accept defeat and invest in a USB powered display adapter ? 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NJFJJK/ref=asc_df_B000NJFJJK1202325?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&linkCode=asn&cre...

machistmo
SCSI Port
Views: 5,403
Message 62 of 84

I have had very little success with the One Link Pro and anything related to two Large displays. I am trying to get it to display out to 2 HPZ71 27 inch monitors and once had it configured correctly. I saved the profile in the dirver configuration panel yet once the user disconnected them once, getting them both working is proviing maddening. 

I just dont understand all the BAD coming from Lenovo lately - IS ANYONE TESTING ANYHTING before offering it for sale? It should be noted that INTEL should get some of the blame as the new drivers and control panels are HORRIBLE. I would not buy anything that relied on INTEL graphics at this point given the state of the drivers and control panels.

machistmo
SCSI Port
Views: 5,399
Message 63 of 84

@Nosferatu wrote:

I have the 20A7-005UMD with a I7-4600 and the Pro edition doc.

It has been working fine with 1440P resolution on the latop, and 2 x 1080P screens connected via DVI on the docking station and the Mini displayport to VGA cable.

Im trying to get 3 external screens working, as the laptop screen is just to small in size for a long 8 hour day.

The displayport screen connected to the doc just dosent detect, even if I power on the laptop via the docking station pwr button and dont even open the laptop. 

Any tips ?

Or should I just accept defeat and invest in a USB powered display adapter ? 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NJFJJK/ref=asc_df_B000NJFJJK1202325?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&linkCode=asn&cre...

Well just be advised that forcing all your video through USB will drive your processor thus heat thus fan activity WAY up. to say nothing of the CPU cycles you will be wasting forcing it to drive the graphics. This really is a HUGE FAIL on Lenovos part. 

Seriously for 179$ the darned thing should not be THIS BAD, and thats what it is, problematic, limited, untested and unreliable. The idea that these are sold and then expected to be deployable in a production environment is laughable except that it is NOT funny. 

Vermond
What's DOS?
Views: 5,220
Message 64 of 84

I bought the onelink dock (HDMI) and used it without an external monitor. My laptop is a Lenovo E540 and after buying a new Philips monitor that supports 2550x1440 resolution i presumed that i had to purchase the onelink pro dock to use the maximum resolution. At first the higher resolution wasn't available, and i had to use 1920x1200? But since yesterday somehow a popup appeared on my screen where Nvidea said, 'this is not the optimum resolution for this monitor, you can use 2550x1440'. And from now on i have a 2550x1440 resolution using my onelink dock with hdmi cable. It works as well when i use my laptop as first screen and Philips monitor as second screen. 

It seems that i don't have the more expensive onelink pro dock now.

Vermond
What's DOS?
Views: 5,208
Message 65 of 84

Actually, i think i was caught up in my enthousiam. I had connected the Philips monitor directly to my laptop. Turns out I have to buy the onelink pro dock after all....

ThePie
What's DOS?
Views: 4,788
Message 66 of 84

What about hooking up 3 monitors to the OneLink Pro dock? DVI splitter to have 2 on each side and then display port the monitor in the middle. I have a DVI splitter hooked up to two monitors right now but its not extending between the two.
mmv
What's DOS?
Views: 4,081
Message 67 of 84

I am going out of my mind with this! I want to connect two identical external monitors to work without success.

My setup (and ports):

- ThinkPad E550 (1 HDMI)

- OneLink Dock PRO (1 DVI & 1 DP)

- 2 external monitors 22in (both have 1 HDMI & 1 DVI)

- 1 DVI to DP adapter

Now, obviously, the best setup is to have one monitor on DVI and other on DVI2DP adapter: no luck.

I tried every possible setup, no luck. Laptop HDMI shuts itself out when I connect anythink through dock. Weird part is, when I have both monitors on dock (like mentioned above), Windows 7 and Screen Resolution screen correctly displays screens but one of them is always blank! It's like for software is all fine, but hardware is not working.

I even suspect some ports or cables might be faulty. Otherwise, is it possible that laptop cannot withstand such output? I want all displays on "normal" resolution 1920 x 1080.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

machistmo
SCSI Port
Views: 4,077
Message 68 of 84

Are you using the latest Intel driver? If so you have to actually select each monitor in the software and change its resolution then click apply. Regardless of what the software appears to be saying the settings are you must select each monitor in the software then select the resolution then apply. It's maddening and so much so, we stopped deploying these docks and the X1 as well
mmv
What's DOS?
Views: 4,073
Message 69 of 84

Tnx for quick reply. Can you please specify which driver that would be? I will go check.
I cannot apply each one by one, except if I deliberately lower the res, click apply, then switch to original res and click apply again.
machistmo
SCSI Port
Views: 4,066
Message 70 of 84

It's the driver with the modern interface - sorry I don't have Windows 7 Carbon setup in front of me but if your drivers are even relatively new then that's what I mean.

At some point they changed the interface to that large graphic icon buttons ( touch ) interface. You have to struggle with the options to select each display , preferably the second(DP) display first then select the resolution and then the first DVI resolution and apply. You may have to select the second apply. Then go back I. Do the first and then re- correct the second resolution setting. As soon as I discovered this issue with my SVP of HR I removed these machines from service and stopped ordering more. Really amateur hour on Lenovos part.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors