Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 5,325
Message 71 of 84

Re: Lenovo OneLink Dock with Multiple Monitors

Hi mmv

Just in case, here it is the link to the support site of the ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock 

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd029981

Be sure to use the latest driver (18 Aug 2015) and update to the lasted firmware (8 Dec 2015) too, maybe it can help.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

machistmo
SCSI Port
Views: 5,322
Message 72 of 84

This is exactly the issue. There is a combination of selecting and applying that works but it's almost impossible to document and replicate. This is why we no longer purchase or deploy these devices. When my director saw the struggles we were having he eliminated these from production.
machistmo
SCSI Port
Views: 5,319
Message 73 of 84

There is also a firmware update for the dock. But this did not resolve my issues and I was able to get both working but never 'deploy reliability' levels of function. Hold your mouth right computing is the best term I can come up with to describe my experiences. I let 4 desktop techs, two senior engineers and two MS Certified architects try to make it work reliably and no one could do it.
Amergeddon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,344
Message 74 of 84

Hello,

I have the Thinkpad Yoga 14 with the OneLink Pro Dock. Can I run 2 montiros with WQHD (2560 × 1440)?

The Ports of the OneLink Pro Dock can only manage on the Displayport  WQHD and the DVI 1920x1080.

What about using the Displayport of the OneLink Dock for one monitor and for the second monitor the internal HDMI Port of the Thinkpad? Can the HDMI Port of the Laptop handle WQHD (2560 × 1440) and if yes: Could I run the two monitors like this?

Which options do I have or will I never be able to run 2 monitors in WQHD?

Thanks for help!

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Your duplicate post has been removed.  Thanks !

FinancialWar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,040
Message 75 of 84

Can I run a Dell U3011 (2560x1600) and a U2410 (1920x1200) through the Onelink Pro dock plus the Yoga 12 2nd gen's own display?
Guru
Views: 3,939
Message 76 of 84

Hi FinancialWar

Here it is the info of the suported resolution of the ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock (4X10E52935)

https://support.lenovo.com/ec/es/documents/pd029981

It says:

• DisplayPort with maximum resolution 2560x1600*
  • DVI-I with maximum 1920x1200 resolution and DVI to VGA adapter included in the box

* Maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200 supported if second monitor is attached to DVI output.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Baldgyt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,616
Message 77 of 84

In theory you can do this - in practice it's very unreliable.
Here's my history with a Yoga S1 i7:
I bought (from Digital River - Lenovo's UK agent) a Onelink dock so I could run two monitors. When it arrived it only had one HDMI port and after insisting for a while that it did support two monitors they admitted that it didn't and there was a different dock (pro) coming that did. They sent out thee replacement in advance as I needed a dock (and billed me) and promised a pick up and a refund for the original Onelink Dock - which they never did.
As it happens - the non-pro dock only seems to support 1920 by 1080. I assumed this was a limitation of the HDMI/chipset until one day by chance I plugged in my 2560 by 1440 monitor to the Dim port on my Yoga and found that it works fine at this resolution - so the docks reduce.
When I first connected the dock under Windows 8 I was able after hours of messing and with one of those awful "you can't reproduce it" add remove, change type routines a DVI at 1920x1200 and DisplayPort at 2560x1440. I was even able to persuade a third monitor to connect at 1920x1080 via the HDMI port. But this system would break down after any changes and could take hours of installing, uninstalling to get back.
The dock also failed and was replaced, failed during an update etc. I think I am on dock number 4.
For most of last year, the hi res setting on DisplayPort would result in completely unpredictable bank screen (sound through the DisplayPort to the monitor speakers would cut as well) for a few seconds. This did not happen with any other PC and same cable/monitor combination (despite the hopeful suggestions of Lenovo support). Replacing the dock improved the issues but not fix it entirely.

Currently I can get 2560x1440 but if I add my DVI monitor (Native 1920x1200) I cannot get better than 1024x on the DVI. Also the DisplayPort monitor is only sometimes detected and I have to go through a variety of power ons, power offs until suddenly it will pick up (no problem if I use the lower res monitor on display port).

I expect that if I strip everything down, reapply drivers (including downloaded from not Lenovo ones) I will come up with a working config but it won't stay stable i.e. next time I dock

After the latest updates (flashed dock, newest drivers windows 10 fully patched).
Certain resolutions can only be set from the intel tool - the windows tool lets me so but says it has failed to save the settings and I need to try another resolution.

When I have the hi res display port monitor connected with the DVI one of the two monitors always runs in really low res - the intel tool lets me select and apply the his rese option but will then show it on the tool as set whilst displaying low rese.

Even more annoyingly, if I choose a lower rese as the same aspect ratio, it looks dreadful on the large monitor - but if choose the same resolution via the HDMI it looks OK i.e. the dock produces an image that is worse than the maths (e.g. reducing to 2048x1152 works but looks far worse than choosing that res without using the dock.

To add insult to injury, my Microsoft touch mouse (radio dongle) is always unstable when the dock is connected. it will work for a random period of time, then switch to jumping around or not register clicks; sometimes it switches back. it works fine on other machines always and on the Yoga with the dock.

I have had a new motherboard on the yoga as well.

So i have spent a lot of money on two docks and neither have been satisfactory.
I have wasted literally hundreds of hours on them as well.

If anyone knows a stable driver version, firmware and config for 2 monitors 2560x1440 DisplayPort and 1920x1200 DVI – please post.

Dullum
Paper Tape
Views: 3,399
Message 78 of 84

Dear all, I have now joined the team who has wasted hours on this without succeeding. 

Equipement:

Lenovo E550 with Win7 with latest Onlink and Intel drivers (from yesterday)

Onelink Pro Dock with DVI and DP port (latest firmware from yesterday)

HP 27'  2560x1440 resolution and both HDMI and DP

Samsung 24'  1920x1080 with HDMI port only.

Here are my findings:

Attaching only the 27' monitors DP to OneLink's DP is not working at all. No detection and not possibel to set resolutions in either Windows or Intel interface.

Attaching the 27' monitors HDMI to Onelink DP gives me 1920x1080 resolution max.

Attaching the 27' monitors HDMI to Onelink DVI gives med 2560x1440 max! (Note: strange that I can not get this resolution on the Onelink DP port, only on the DVI!)

Attaching both monitors to Onelink will never work simontanueasly. Only one monitor will be active. The other will not be possible to activate.

Attaching only the 24' monitor HDMI to Onelink DP gives me 1920x1080 resolution.

Attaching the 24' monitor HDMI to Onelink DVI gives me 1920x1080 resolution.

I borroved one additional Samsung 24' monitor with 1920x1080 resolution and I can now run both 24' monitors (incl. laptop LCD) if one of the external monitors is set to 1600x900 and the other is set to 1920x1080.

I was not able to connect the 27' monitor's DP to Onelink DVI as I do not have the right cable, but again - I got the full resolution using the HDMI port.

Now I have gone back to my previus solution:

Lenovo 3.0 USB Dock with its DVI attached to the 24' monitor.

The 27' monitor is attached to the E550s HDMI port which gives med the 2560x1440.

E550 monitor is also runnig normally, i.e. I have a 3 screen solution.

This solution works fine but I was hoping to reduce the cabeling using the Onelink Pro Dock.

If only the Onelink Pro Dock did not disable the E550s HDMI port, I would be able to use it as after all.

The Onelink will now stay in my drawer until somebody finds a good solution.

Thanks in advance for any tip.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,877
Message 79 of 84

Hi all, I realize this is an old  thread but maybe someone here knows: would a ThinkPad Yoga 12 with OneLink Pro dock be able to drive a single Dell U3415W at its native resolution of 3440 x 1440? That's 4MP which is more than the max listed OneLink Pro resolution of 2560x1600 at 60Hz, but there's at least one poster here who said he could do 3840x2160 at 30Hz. Would 3440x1440 at 30Hz be supported? 

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,854
Message 80 of 84

Never mind, after reading about the difference in experience between 30Hz and 60Hz on the AnandTech forums, it sounds like even IF the U3415W resolution can be supported at 30Hz, the comments there make it sound like even for normal desk work it would be a bad experience. 

Now if anyone has tried it and has a different impression, please do post here. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors