Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AronHun
What's DOS?
Views: 1,056
Message 81 of 84

Re: Lenovo OneLink Dock with Multiple Monitors

Hi!

I have e460 i7-6500 r7 m360 OneLink pro dock + one external 1080p FHD monitor.

The lastest driver is 17 Aug 2017.

I am before buying a new monitor.

My questions:

I have 1080p internal monitor, I want it always on:

Can I run 2 external 1080p monitors one in DVI and one in DP (with DP to Hdmi cable) both on 60Hz?

Can I run 1 external monitor on 2560x1440 on DP port at 60Hz? (Lenovo L24q-10 QHD)

Is there a solution (nowadays) to use 2 external monitors one in Laptop's hdmi and one in OneLink Pro Dock DP port higher than FHD?

I read about OneLink Pro dock with connected monitor disables laptop's hdmi, but the posts are so old.

AronHun
What's DOS?
Views: 962
Message 82 of 84

For those who need help before buy:

I have ThinkPad e460 i7-6500 r7 m360 OneLink pro dock 

Tested 3 monitor setup (laptop's FHD monitor always on):

Display port DP cable through OneLink Pro dock Lenovo monitor 2560x1440 and FHD on laptop's hdmi works well.

And

FHD on OneLink Pro dock's DVI and 2560x1440 Lenovo monitor on laptop's hdmi works also well.

TEMPUSER_190701
What's DOS?
Views: 200
Message 83 of 84

Want to share few my observations.

I got an Thinkpad S531, which is reported in Dock manual that this device wont be able to use both connected monitors to dock as Monitors which will extend desktop. (So as result you will get 1st screen on laptop, and dock's monitors will show 2nd image, same picture on both)

I was curious is that laptop limitation, or only docks.

We had few ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock laying around. So I grabbed one, and connected two monitors to it, and connected dock to my S531. And boom, both monitors works as extension. Now you get three separate screens.

Baldgyt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 196
Message 84 of 84

Yes - it would seem that these docks aren't very good. Because of poor customer service and advice I ended up buying both versions (basic and pro). Pro has had all kinds of problems (been through 3) and has never quite done what I wanted. With my basic it won't support a screen res of over 1920 but if I plug the screen directly into my old yoga S1 it works fine at higher resolutions. The Lenovo docks have proved expensive and disappointing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors