Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben2019
Paper Tape
Views: 941
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock

I have the Lenovo P52s laptop, which I connect to my Lenovo ThinkPad thunderbolt dock through the provided Thunderbolt 3 cable. I have been having a few issues with the setup, and was looking for some suggestions.

The first issue is that I have an external display (Acer monitor) connected through the HDMI on the back of the dock. While it works the majority of the time, there have been a few times where my laptop doesn't detect the monitor, and I have resolved the issue each time by disconnecting and reconnecting the laptop to the dock a few times, and then it eventually connects to the monitor. There have also been times where it connects, but the monitor loses signal every few seconds for a second or two, and I have resolved that issue the same way. Any ideas? I'd rather not have to unplug and re-plug in the dock as often as I have been.

Also, does anyone know if the 3.5 mm jack on the front of the dock is only for headphones? I was going to connect my Logitech desktop speaker system through there, but sound still plays through my laptop when I plug the speakers in there.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

BenGoodLuck
What's DOS?
Views: 242
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock

I have the same problem occasionally. I don't know why this happens, but I have found the following 3 workarounds:

1. Make sure your Thunderbolt dock is connected to the correct port on the P52s. There are two ports on the left side of the laptop. When facing that side, the far left port is for the AC power cord. The second port from the left is for the Thunderbolt dock. If the cord is plugged into the AC port, the Thunderbolt won't detect the external monitor.

2. Right click on your laptop's desktop, go to Display Settings and see if the external monitor is displayed. If it is, change the 'Multiple displays' setting to "extend these displays".

3. Unplug and plug in your external monitor.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors