Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrcambo87
Serial Port
Views: 164
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Graphics Dock low framerate

I have nothing but issues with this graphic dock since purchasing it. I've notice that applications such as Chrome,Edge or even Firefox have issues when playing videos on youtube. Videos seems to be slow and framerate would drop. Even browsing the web with these broswers seems to have some issues with framerate. Feels like it's jittery or slow. I don't see this issue if I'm watching videos on VLC or a media player.

Not sure what the issue is, but the firmware are all up to date (firmware from lenovo).

Does anyone have a resolution to this?

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 111
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Graphics Dock low framerate

Hi mrcambo87!

Welcome to comminity forums,

What is the exact model of your laptop? Does your laptop supports 4K display? Please let us know.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

mrcambo87
Serial Port
Views: 75
Message 3 of 5

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 730s. I'm not sure if it supports 4k or not.

Spoke with a customer rep before purchasing to see if both devices were compatible with each other. And they said it would be, as long as I downloaded the drivers from Lenovo. But ever since purchasing, I've come to regret it. Framerates would keep drop during video playback or when I'm running applications like Word or Excel.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 60
Message 4 of 5

Are you referring to the Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 graphics Dock for Lenovo 720S-13IKB? The dock is compatible to Lenovo 720s only. 

Reference: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/acc500012

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

mrcambo87
Serial Port
Views: 29
Message 5 of 5

Yes, but customer support said it would work with the 730s with no issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors