Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lumenix
Paper Tape
Views: 194,651
Message 1 of 19

Pairing the Ultraslim Keyboard/Mouse

I work in an educational IT setting and we provide wireless keyboards/mice to many staff for presentations etc. What we have currently are Lenovo's Wireless Ultraslim keyboard/mouse combo. http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-77112

It appears that after a summer of sitting unused with a dead battery, many of the devices are no longer paired with their USB dongles. There are no buttons on the peripherals for pairing, however I have found that holding F2,F3,F4 and pressing '3' on the keyboard will pair the keyboard just fine. After more searching through the forums I came across a post regarding the mouse pairing method as well. Holding down left, middle and right click buttons while powering on the mouse should engage a "pairing mode" with the status LED flashing. I cannot get the LED to flash or the mouse to pair at all. I have replicated this issue on three different sets of keyboard and mice all with new batteries. Can anyone shed some light on how to repair the mouse!

mouse part number: 0B58509

Pairing instructions found: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Options-Accessories/Lenovo-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse-Combo-user-manual-dri...

Working keyboard pairing instructions:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Options-Accessories/Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse-Combo-Malfunction-Mouse-work...

jmsperedelozzi
What's DOS?
Views: 194,381
Message 2 of 19

Re: Pairing the Ultraslim Keyboard/Mouse

How to pair the Lenovo Ultraslim Wireless Keyboard to the USB Receiver / Dongle:

1. Insert the USB Receiver / Dongle into a USB port.
  2. Open back cover of the keyboard and remove the batteries
  3. Press the F2, F3, and F4 keys at the same time and hold down.
  4. Put the batteries in the battery compartment and close the cover.
  5. Release the F2, F3, and F4 keys
  6. Press 3 key one time.

Keyboard will be successful in pairing with the receiver....

NOTE:

The Keyboard and Mouse both have serial numbers on the bottom.

If they have the same serial number they should already be paired with the same dongle.

If not, follow the instructions above

Lumenix
Paper Tape
Views: 194,378
Message 3 of 19

Pairing the keyboard works with the above solution but I have mice that are not paired as well. I've doublechecked that the serial numbers match on both kb and mouse. Is there a way to pair the mouse with a dongle?

jmsperedelozzi
What's DOS?
Views: 194,375
Message 4 of 19

I found and copied these instructions from another post, but have not tried them yet. See if they work for you:

How to pair the Lenovo Ultraslim Wireless Mouse to the USB Receiver / Dongle:

Before pairing the mouse with the computer, please make sure the battery is inserted.

1. Take the dongle out of the mouse battery compartment, remove the old dongle in the PC USB port, and insert the new dongle in the PC USB port.

2. Press the right, middle and left buttons simultaneously, then switch on the mouse. The mouse will switch to pairing mode when the LED blinks slowly (around 2 times/second).

3. Put the mouse close to the dongle (within 30 cm) for pairing.

Attention

The whole process must be completed within 30 seconds; otherwise the mouse will switch back to normal mode.

techbundle
What's DOS?
Views: 194,207
Message 5 of 19

Here are the instructions for pairing a keyboard and mouse to a new USB dongle.  The instructions come from Lenovo the lines following with three stars are my notes on what it took to actually get it to work.

How To Pair the Keyboard

Press the F2, F3, and F4 keys at the same time.
Put the batteries in the battery compartment and close the cover.
Release the F2, F3, and F4 keys and press 3 key one time.
Keyboard will be successful in pairing with the receiver

***I found that you can't wait too long between letting go of the F2, F3, and F4 key before you press the 3 key.

How To Pair the Mouse

Before pairing the mouse with the computer, please make sure the battery is inserted.
Take the dongle out of the mouse battery compartment, remove the old dongle in the PC USB port, and insert the new dongle in the PC USB port.
Press the right, middle and left buttons simultaneously, then switch on the mouse. The mouse will switch to pairing mode when the LED blinks slowly (around 2 times/second).
Put the mouse close to the dongle (within 30 cm) for pairing.

****Press all three buttons, power on mouse, release all three buttons for 1 sec, then press all three buttons again and hold, then the led between the buttons should blink red slowly.
(not sure if you have to keep holding the three buttons at this point, try it both ways), but needs to be real close, less than 1 foot to the USB dongle. When it blinks green it should be working.
Lumenix
Paper Tape
Views: 194,174
Message 6 of 19

Thank you for this, the key was the second 3-button press. I've managed to pair the two sets however for some reason one of the mice wouldnt pair with the dongle it came with so I have mismatched keyboard/mice serial numbers. Nothing a label wont fix though.

I should mention that I never got the slow flashing red LED it was a green flash immediately. As well, I a quick flashing orange LED when the pair failed. Hopefully this thread will help some others with this issue
strex
What's DOS?
Views: 193,581
Message 7 of 19

I had tremendous problems trying to get the mouse to connect ... after I had successfully linked the keyboard. I tried everything such as trying different USB ports, trying additional dongles inserted in the USB port (I have spares) and then reinserting the dongle in question back into the port.. I was just about to give up and then I figured it out.

With the keyboard already linked up and working

Remove the batteries from the keyboard

Now try linking up the mouse as per the above - Voila! working

Reinsert the batteries back into the keyboard

Now both keyboard & mouse work

Awesome!

maguyverfung
What's DOS?
Views: 191,894
Message 8 of 19

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone here still suffering from this problem while it was 1st posted almost a year ago. In case you're still getting headache with it, I’d like to share my experience which not mentioned in previous reply and see if it helps.

I’ve got 50 sets of ultraslim combo in my office, and often facing the pairing problem. Same as what some previous posts stated, keyboard often ok when re-pairing but mouse not. I tried looking in carefully and see what’s the difference between those successfully re-paired mouse with failed cases, then I found a little tacky: REV number! Look at the back side of the mouse and you can find this number at the upper right hand corner. I located that mouse with “REV-V04” could be re-pairing by the 3-buttons-holding method. For all failed cases, all of them are “REV-V01” or “REV-V02”. Then I GUESS the operation command for these two versions maybe a bit different with V04. So I tried with different combinations of button-holding scenario and, thanks God, found the correct method finally:

• Insert dongle into a USB port
  • Install battery to the mouse
  • Press and hold the left-click and right-click button ONLY! (e.g. 2 buttons only, not include the scroll button)
  • Power on the mouse with buttons mentioned above keep holding
  • Now the mouse indicator lighted as ORANGE, not red or green and not sprinkling, just lighted in orange. Then place it next to the dongle (in my cases, just 2~3cm in between). It will quickly turn into green light which means connection made, or turn into red which means you have to try again from the very beginning.
  • Release the two holding button and now your mouse would be working fine.

By the two re-pairing method, all 50 sets of combo KM set still performing their duty in good condition! Hopefully it gives help for any of you!

strex
What's DOS?
Views: 191,885
Message 9 of 19

Thanks for the update - I'll be looking at that tomorrow - I now tell our 1100 odd staff to make sure that they always put the dongle back in the mouse and tape the mouse to the keyboard when they relocate .. 

oronosfinest
What's DOS?
Views: 187,919
Message 10 of 19

Pairing the keyboard was a breeze. Pairing the mouse, was extremely frustrating.

My issue began as a number of dongles, keyboards and mice were all mixed up. The solution that worked for me is below. Hopefully this will save someone else any frustration.

To pair the MOUSE:

1. Plug in a dongle
  2. Ensure mouse is powered off.
  3. Hold all 3 mouse buttons (left, right and scroll).
  4. Power on the mouse.
  5. Release the 3 buttons, then immediately tap and release all 3 buttons again.
  6. The mouse will blink orange twice. As it blinks orange quickly press and hold all 3 buttons again until a solid green light appears.

This is the solution that worked for me!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors