Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prahbek
What's DOS?
Views: 6,937
Message 11 of 19

Re: Pairing the Ultraslim Keyboard/Mouse

Hi All,

I've just tested this with a couple of mice and it seems like devices with different rev. numbers behave diffently.

The rev. no. is located in the top right corner of the bottom of the mouse.

On a rev. 01 mouse it works like so:

1. Power off the mouse

2. Press and hold the left and right buttons

3. With the mouse in close proximity to the receiver, power on the mouse - the led will light up orange.

4. Keep pressing the left and right buttons until the led turns green. the mouse is now paired.

On a rev. 04 mouse it's a little different:

1. Power off the mouse

2. Press and hold the left, middle and right buttons

3. With the mouse in close proximity to the receiver, power on the mouse - the led won't light up.

4. Release the buttons and press them (all 3) again. after about 1 second release the buttons and the led will blink orange 3 times.

5. Immediately press the middle-button - the led will light solid orange

6. Keep pressing the middle-button until the led turns green. the mouse is now paired.

Josh_T
Paper Tape
Views: 6,904
Message 12 of 19

I have followed the instructions, but instead of the light turning green, it turned red.  What am I doing wrong.

CCDingo
Paper Tape
Views: 6,196
Message 13 of 19

Huuuuge thank you!!!! Extremely frustrating, indeed! I have wasted so much time trying to pair up my mouse. It took me a few goes, but I finally got it working with your method. It just amazes me the ridiculous hurdles and flaming hoops we have to get through to do something that should be so simple. I'll be honest, I don't think I will be buying another Lenovo. The experience since the very beginning, has been a tad disappointing. You have saved my sanity! Thanks again!

maguyver_fung
Paper Tape
Views: 6,176
Message 14 of 19

Hi folks,

Don't know why I cannot use my original ID here after a password reset procedure done... Anyway, I finally got a REV:V03 version mouse today and only works with oronosfinest's method. Now we can summarize pairing method for all versions:

For REV:V01 and REV:V02,
1.Insert dongle into a USB port
2.Install battery to the mouse
3.Press and hold the left-click and right-click button ONLY! (e.g. 2 buttons only, not include the scroll button)
4.Power on the mouse with buttons mentioned above keep holding
5.Now the mouse indicator lighted as ORANGE, not red or green and not sprinkling, just lighted in orange. Then place it next to the dongle (in my cases, just 2~3cm in between). It will quickly turn into green light which means connection made, or turn into red which means you have to try again from the very beginning.
6.Release the two holding button and now your mouse would be working fine.

For REV:V03,
3.Hold all 3 mouse buttons (left, right and scroll).
4.Power on the mouse. LED won't light up at this moment.
5.Release the 3 buttons, then immediately tap and release all 3 buttons again.
6.The mouse will blink ORANGE twice. As it blinks orange quickly press and hold all 3 buttons again until a solid green light appears.
7.Now your mouse would be working fine.

For REV:V04,
3.Press and hold the left, middle and right buttons
4.With the mouse in close proximity to the receiver, power on the mouse. LED won't light up at this moment.
5.Release the buttons and press them (all 3) again. after about 1 second release the buttons and the led will blink orange 3 times.
6.Immediately press the middle-button - the led will light solid orange
7.Keep pressing the middle-button until the led turns green. the mouse is now paired.

What a great brand that manufacturing the same product with 3 different configuration methods on 4 versions....

maguyver_fung
Paper Tape
Views: 6,172
Message 15 of 19

Hi Josh, wonder if you already solve the problem. If not, try to check the REV number first. I once applied REV:V04 method on REV:V01 mouse and resulted with red light. See if it helps.
Josh_T
Paper Tape
Views: 6,160
Message 16 of 19

Good morning!

I was able to get them working.  I do have another quick question.  Can you use a V03 mouse with a V01 USB device?

NovoFR
What's DOS?
Views: 5,863
Message 17 of 19

Hi,

for several keyboards, I tried F2, F3, F4 and then 3 but in vain. Mouses are always correctly recognized. Do you have any other solution to propose?

thx

mnmom
Paper Tape
Views: 5,424
Message 18 of 19

INITIAL PAIRING: FAULTY MOUSE BATTERY CAN SINK WIRELESS MOUSE, KEYBOARD, AND MODEM

Brought home my brand new 300-23ACL Ideacenter all-in-one. I could not figure out how to get the wireless mouse and keyboard to work. There were no instructions. Even worse, the computer was interfering with the modem, causing it to drop the internet connection and disable other household devices. I unwrapped the brand new gold toned batteries that came with the computer, installed them in mouse and keyboard, and nothing happened. No lights to indicate if those peripherals were working. Nothing. Put the dongle that was packed with the mouse into a USB drive. Still nothing. Used the touch screen to try pairing the gadgets on screen using bluetooth and got error messages saying make sure the gadgets are ready, try again.

I tried all the weird stuff on the forum to pair everything, holding down certain keys while inserting batteries, etc. Made sure the mouse was switched on. Made sure polarity of batteries was correct. Nothing worked.  

Finally called Lenovo support. Turns out that the brand new included AA battery for the mouse was dead. Support told me to replace the battery, and suddenly, everything worked! So a bad mouse battery prevented both the mouse and the keyboard from pairing. It also interfered with the modem. Once they were paired, the modem stopped malfunctioning. (Not sure, but I suspect the computer somehow messed up modem by "searching" for the mouse and keyboard.)

For my wireless keyboard and mouse, there are no lights on them whatsoever to tell you if they are working or not, or if battery is good or inserted correctly. Moral of the story: even if you know the battery is brand new, try a different battery. 

Geoorge
What's DOS?
Views: 3,617
Message 19 of 19

I tested the steeps to pair the mouse and worked fine:

Press all three buttons, power on mouse, release all three buttons for 1 sec, then press all three buttons again and hold, then the led between the buttons should blink red slowly.
(not sure if you have to keep holding the three buttons at this point, try it both ways), but needs to be real close, less than 1 foot to the USB dongle. When it blinks green it should be working.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors