Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arcman1
Paper Tape
Views: 236
Message 1 of 9

Programs won't stay maximized after new monitor install

Recently upgraded from a Samsung 24" to a L27Q.  I'm happy with the monitor but when programs are open (Win7), it will always 'Un'-'Maximize' them after a few minutes. It makes the app just slightly smaller then full screen and you see the full border around it.   I am using the 'Classic' view setting to look like XP.  Never had this issue with the Samsung.

Thoughts?

arcman1
Paper Tape
Views: 205
Message 2 of 9

Re: Programs won't stay maximized after new monitor install

Looks like I may have solved the issue. 

In the Nvidia control panel, there were choices for scaling the desktop.  Though I have never touched the settings, this monitor seems to like 'Full Screen' instead of 'Aspect Ratio'.

arcman1
Paper Tape
Views: 177
Message 3 of 9

Looks like I have not solved the issue. Still doing it.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 160
Message 4 of 9

Hi arcman1!

Welcome to the Community,

Does this only happen to a certain application / programs? How about for browsers, does the same happen? If you're using the Lenovo L27q-10 Monitor, you can download the driver here,

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds119755

Update us how it goes afterwards.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

arcman1
Paper Tape
Views: 139
Message 5 of 9

I already had that driver.  I removed the driver, re-installed and it has not helped.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 122
Message 6 of 9

Does this only happen to a certain application / programs? How about for browsers, does the same happen? What OS are you using? Base on the specs of the monitor, it says it is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7 and you refer to this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/monitors-and-projectors/lcd-monitors/lenovo-l27q-10-moni....

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

arcman1
Paper Tape
Views: 116
Message 7 of 9

Pretty much every program.  Browser, file manager, email etc.  Haven't noticed it with Adobe stuff.

Win 7.  I realized one thing did change from the Samsung.  HDMI on this one vs DVI on the Samsung.  Same video card.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 105
Message 8 of 9

Test the HDMI cable to the Samsung monitor to check if it works fine. You can also try DVI to your computer and see if the issue persist.

Highlighted
arcman1
Paper Tape
Views: 47
Message 9 of 9

Turns out I was using a 'Display Port' cable.  I switched to the HDMI and it's been working fine for ten days or so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors