IT

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

Q24i-10 screen audio fails with Primevideo and Netflix

2020-05-15, 11:01 AM

Hi folks,

did anybody ever experience audio problems with Lenovo monitors when using streaming services like Netflix and Primevideo?

I have a Lenovo Q24i-10 external screen, just out of the box, and a Lenovo PC too, a Yoga 530-14, so I thought I would have maximum compatibility. But when I try to watch anything on Prime or Netflix (in extended desktop, browser is Chrome) the monitor goes black for a second or two, then comes back but without audio. If I access the monitor menu, the audio option is grayed out and you cannot access it. And from that moment on the monitor audio is not available until I unplug it and plug it back or I restart the PC or disintall and reinstall the drivers for the monitor. 

I tried Youtube and others, but this behaviour doesn't happen with those. 

I thought the problem was with my PC, but I tried with two more different (an HP and a DELL), but they had the same problem.

I tried changing the HDMI cable too, but nothing changed. 

Together with Lenovo assistance, we tried updating every single driver in my PC, but everything was up to date already and nothing really changed. By tinkering in the Control Panel, at some point I thought I managed to have Netflix not doing it  on Chrome and Prime not doing it on Opera browser, but it was just an illusion: it just took it 45 seconds instead of 2, and after that one time on every and each browser I try the blackening and audio fail happen immediately like before. 

We decided the piece I got was flawed and I had it replaced, but I just got a new one and it gives me the same exact problems. 

It seems some kind of compatibility issue, but I couldn't find any trace of it on the internet and in the forums, and this sounds really strange! Is it some codecs Amazon and Primevideo use? But how can I be the only user to ever experience it? 

Should I change the monitor and take something different? But if I cannot understand what the problem is, how can I be sure I buy a kind of screen that doesn't do the same trick?

Did anybody experience something similar or can anybody figure out what is wrong in this story?

Please!!

Options

1 Posts

05-22-2020

TR

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 4

Q24i-10 screen audio fails with Primevideo and Netflix

2020-05-22, 21:14 PM
I have exactly the same problem with my q24i monitor, I couldn't find any solution either. Though, I watched some shows on netflix with the speakers so it doesn't happen all the time.
Options

2 Posts

06-06-2020

US

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Q24i-10 screen audio fails with Primevideo and Netflix

2020-06-06, 21:42 PM

i have exactly the same issue.     

Options

2 Posts

06-06-2020

US

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Q24i-10 screen audio fails with Primevideo and Netflix

2020-06-06, 22:54 PM
I have modified the refresh rate from 75Hz to 60 Hz in windows settings. Post this change, monitor audio is working for Netflix and Prime Video. In Windows 10 Settings, Go to Display->Advanced Display settings -> Display adapter properties for Display1 -> Monitor -> Select Refresh Rate to 60Hz
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete