DE

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 1

T490s doesn't recognize Dell display through USB-C

2020-11-21, 16:33 PM

Hey guys,

I recently bought myself a new display for my homeoffice (Dell P2421DC, 2560x1440 at 60 Hz), which supports transferring the video signal and charging through USB-C as a second display, additionally to the internal display of the T490s.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't work with my Lenovo T490s. I plug the USB-C cable into the laptop, internal screen goes black, comes back, for a very short time the battery seems to be charged (like less than a second), then the charging symbol disappears, internal screen goes black again and then the whole cycle starts from the beginning. This keeps going for like three cycles, while the Dell display is black the whole time and then says: "Unable to receive a USB-C signal" (or similar, translated from German). That's it. I can't use USB-C neither for charging nor for showing a second screen. HDMI works without any problem, but I bought the display specifically because it allows USB-C, giving me a much cleaner setup...

I already updated all the drivers through the Lenovo Update Manager, updated the driver of the internal graphics card (Intel 620) and tried it with both USB-C ports on the T490s, but the laptop is unable to keep a steady connection with the display.

Do you have any recommendations on how to solve this problem? Help would be very much appreciated!

Best regards

Deniz

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete