Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericjs
Serial Port
Views: 2,234
Message 1 of 4

T61: Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay Adapter II

The product page for this does not list the T6x series...however the 2 customer reviews are from people claiming to use it with a T61.

Now either the product page isn't listing all the models, or the 2 customer reviews are misplaced.

From another page at Lenova list to T61 accessories I see a product listed that sounds pretty much the same but without the "II" part. Is that a different product, one that does the same thing but for the T61's bay vs a T400 etc bay?

Can someone clarify this?

Frankly I wish the pages on the Lenovo site were clearer / organized with regard to product compatibility. It doesn't need to be this hard! I wonder how many sales Lenovo has lost due to customers who can't figure out if a given accessory will work on their model.

Eric

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,220
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay Adapter II with T61

ericjs wrote:

From another page at Lenova list to T61 accessories I see a product listed that sounds pretty much the same but without the "II" part. Is that a different product, one that does the same thing but for the T61's bay vs a T400 etc bay?

Can someone clarify this?

twbook says it's:

Serial Hard Drive Ultrabay Slim Adapter (flat) p/n 40Y8725

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

hatbrox
Punch Card
Views: 2,118
Message 3 of 4

I best guess would that the T61 doesn't support the Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay Adapter II  but only the Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay Adapter (mark I basically)

the T61 is probably still based on the PATA/IDE interface and not serial ata.

I could be wrong, though.

If i'm right, then make sure you buy the correct 2.5" hard disk.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,099
Message 4 of 4

The thinkpad Serial ATA hdd adapter is for the newer thinkpad, T400, T500, W500, R400, R500, etc.

It uses a serial interface to connect to the thinkpad ultrabay, rather than the PATA interface that the T61, T60, T4x, R6x, etc uses.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Top Kudoed Authors