Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shs17
Paper Tape
Views: 1,119
Message 1 of 2

Think pad wireless display adapter not working

The wireless monitor adapter (WMTB-177N) Detects and displays on the yoga 11e but when you try to pair it up it won't  sync. I have tried updating the software and different Lenovo laptop no luck so far. 

Guru
Views: 1,069
Message 2 of 2

Re: Think pad wireless display adapter not working

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I don't have this device and I always wanted to put my hands on it. So I'm just guessting here.

Can you confirm this is your device?

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd030901

There is a firmware update, just be sure you are using that one. (There is a chapter about updating the firmware on the PDF manual)

Firmware for ThinkPad Wireless Display Adapter (62 MB)

Not applicable 1.0.8 13 Nov 2015

Check that your Yoga 11e is also on the lastest BIOS level:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkp...

Just for testing, can you try the "VGA in" port to see if the device gets video? I know you want it wireless, but it can be a good way to check that the device is working in wired mode.

Are you using Windows 10? I'm a little bit concern that is not much documentation of this device on Win10 and also that Intel Widi drivers has been discontinued by Intel (According to their site). There is no documentation (or I can not find it for the moment) to know if this works fine on Win10. But the Intel site says "Miracast* standard is natively supported in Windows® 10" so I guess that your problem is that the device is not showing on the "Connect" option of Windows 10.

click connect

These are all my ideas for the moment. I hope they give you some track to help you.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors