Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tusi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,241
Message 21 of 75

Re: ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse 41U5008

Hi All,

I have purchased such mouse to use with my ThinkPad T61. I like the mouse very much, but I face one annoying issue.
The mouse "freezes" from time to time for ~10 seconds. I think it goes to sleep mode, because when it awakes the led is lid for few seconds. Or it might be a bluetooth connection issue.

Has anyone of you experienced such problem?

I use Vista on the T61.

Thanks,

Zoltan

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 8,234
Message 22 of 75

tusi, i had the same problem with my T61p under vista ultimate 64-bit with SP1 RTM.   i installed the mouse on my X61 and X300 (running vista business 32-bit and server 2008 32-bit respectively) and haven't had any problems.   in fact, it works so well with my X300 that i've considered getting a bluetooth module for my upcoming thinkstation just to use this mouse.

it could be the bluetooth driver causing a problem on your T61.   what OS are you using?   have you tried to reinstall the BT driver from lenovo?

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad P40 · 600

gotGOLD
Serial Port
Views: 8,204
Message 23 of 75

Hi,

My first post on this forum... here goes. I started to browse a bit on the web because I had similar problems with the Bluetooth Mouse. Otherwise I think that the mouse is great but I'd hope it would hold the connection. Instead it hangs up for ten seconds about every five minutes or so. I'm downloading software updates as I write. I'm hoping that updated version of the mouse software would help me out. I have the latest bluetooth drivers but I'm willing to re-install if this problem won't go away.

Btw, how long does you batteries last on the mouse? I'm been using this for a week or so now and the and my system tells me that I have 73% battery power remaining. Does this mean that I have to change my mouse batteries every month? Good thing that I have a couple of re-chargealbe batteries lying around the house.

And yeah, besides this being my first post I'm writing this with my first ever ThinkPad. I'm now a proud owner of a one week old ThinkPad T61, 7664R5G (14.1'', T8300, 2GB, VB downgraded to XP.) I love this machine!

Message Edited by gotGOLD on 05-28-2008 01:29 AM
SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 8,194
Message 24 of 75

chances are good that your batteries were low when you received the mouse.   mine were at around 85% if i recall.   i've had it since march 18th, used it almost every day, and the batteries are down to 56% as of today.   i would guess that 4 months from a set of batteries is realistic -- possibly more so if you use disposable lithium or rechargeable nicad with high mAh ratings.

Tusi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,183
Message 25 of 75

Erik,

I have Vista Home Basic on my T61, and I have the latest Lenovo BT driver installed (ver 6.0.1.4900). This does not sound promising Smiley Sad

As we know from gotgold's post, he has exactly the same problem with his T61. He is running XP on his machine, so it means that issue is OS independent.

Does anyone use such mouse without problems on T61?

Cheers,

Zoltan

Message Edited by Tusi on 05-28-2008 01:26 AM
SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 8,165
Message 26 of 75

the X300, X61, and T61p all use the same BT card so i do believe that it's something with the driver or something else conflicting with the signal.   i currently have the T61p's hard drive installed in my X61 and the BT mouse intermittently drops connection as you've experienced, just like it did with the T61p.   however, the mouse works perfectly with the X61 on a different drive and works perfectly with the X300 under every OS i've tried.   this leads me to believe that something installed on the drive (either the BT driver itself or another driver that is conflicting with the BT signal) is the root of the issue.

out of curiosity, what wireless card does your T61 have?

gotGOLD
Serial Port
Views: 8,133
Message 27 of 75

Hi,

I installed new mouse drivers and nothign changed. The mouse works fine for a while but then it starts breaking the connection. I noticed though that these problems occured just after I had been using my Nokia E50 with my computer via Bluetooth. Just coincidence?

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to this problem however because I've been getting used to using Trackpoin. But now I just re-installed my Bluetooth drivers following the exact instructions:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-61425#instructi...

I'll see how this goes. Some things seem a bit different with the Bluetooth now. For example I a Bluetooth network showed up in my network connections. Also I noticed that the drivers came with a BTspy software from Broadcom. If this problem won't go away and it starts to bug me enough I might even try to use this software to really see what's going on with my Bluetooth. Also I'll try to 'break' the BTmouse as I use it so I could figure out what's causing the problem.

gotGOLD
Serial Port
Views: 8,131
Message 28 of 75

Ok, nothing's changed. My mouse just froze again. I'd just disconnected from my cellphone about five minutes earlier when it happened. I'll restart my system and avoid connecting with any other BT deviced than my mouse. I'll see if it freezes again... trial and error.
gotGOLD
Serial Port
Views: 8,077
Message 29 of 75

Tusi, I haven't had any connection hangups since my last post. Could it be that using some other BT devices would somehow mess with the mouse? Have you experienced anything like this?
SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 8,036
Message 30 of 75

gotGOLD - above i asked which wifi card you have.   can you provide that info?   i'm curious if the atheros card driver is somehow overlapping the BT signal in the 2.4GHz range.   if you have an intel card then my hypothesis is nullified.

btw, you should remove your new thread regarding this issue since all of the discussion is in this thread.   splitting it up makes finding a solution more difficult since we now have to follow two threads instead of one.   thanks for understanding.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors