Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bassarch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,128
Message 1 of 11

ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint Keeps Losing Connection

Hello guys,

I recently purchased a ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint  for the marvellous typing experience which is always a delight as u all know...  It has been 5 days since I received it and using it for the sheer purpose of typing (I am a translator)

My problem is the keyboard started to lose its connection beginning from the other day and its frequency is getting more,  once a day,  twice a day and so on...  I tried everything but nothing seems to fix it...it keeps losing its connection. 

-I unistalled it, installed it again, check the drivers for the latest update...didnt fix....uninstalled once again, installed again, this time updated the drivers with the one provided in Lenovo official site....didnt fix..

-My battery has just been fully charged 2 days ago

- I also checked  "Device manager-Bluetooth-Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)-Power Management" and  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"...it is also not checked..

-I am using Windows 10 Pro,  the system is also up to date,

- Oh and I have been using 2 other bluetooth keyboards with this laptop (both of them Logitech) and they never ever lose connection, not even from distance, not even once..

Whats interesting is I am not moving my keyboard anywhere else, it is right in front of my laptop all day long while I am working...but it still loses connection frequently...it started to get really annoying

Anybody else having this issue? Any advices? Is this a commong thing along this specific product line or did I just get a bad apple?

Thx in advance

Guru
Views: 1,085
Message 2 of 11

Re: ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint Keeps Losing Connection

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I haven't experienced something similar with my keyboard. My only guess to try to find something would be:

1) Check that you are using the latest driver, just in case:

https://support.lenovo.com/ec/es/solutions/pd026744

2) Give it a try using your keyboard, but use it with bluetooth, but keep the power cable connected. See if it gets disconnected too. If it does not get disconected it may be some battery issue with the keyboard.

3) try to give a try with teh keyboard on a different machine and try to use the keyboard for an extensive period of time and see if it also disconnects. If not, that may points to some bluetooth problem on your PC.

Thats the ideas that came to my mind right now.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

bassarch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,055
Message 3 of 11

As I have written in my first message I already updated the latest drivers from the Lenovo.com. I also have 2 other bluetooth keyboards which work flawlessly, they never ever lost connection, not even once. This keyboard started to lose its connection several times a day. I uninstalled  and installed again...still the same, no matter what I do...

Any other opinions?

Guru
Views: 1,045
Message 4 of 11

Hi bassarch

Have you tried to use the keyboard but keeping the power cable connected ? Does it also disconnect?

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

bassarch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,041
Message 5 of 11

Hi Martini,

Actually I didnt try that due to that fact that this is a bluetooth keyboard and should work fine without a cable via wireless connection... I f I was going to use it with a cable I would have spent nearly 30 dollars less and buy a USB keyboard. So, No, I didnt try that on purpose.

If you are thinking about a battery issue or so, I just charged the keyboard fully like 5 days ago.. so there should be no worries about battery life either..

Regards

bassarch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 989
Message 6 of 11

Any other ideas? or anybody else having the same issue?....or did I just get a bad apple.  I contacted the seller but he keeps instructing me like, unpair it and pair it again, make sure its turned on...bla bla... stuff of no use and help..

Should I return it?

As much as I love typing on this keyboard, this connection problem is spoiling all the good experience

Any body to share their opinions?

Thx

Guru
Views: 974
Message 7 of 11

Hi.

If you had tried the "ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint" on a different machine and experience the same issue it may be possible you have a faulty one.

You may return it to the store when you purchase it or you can open a ticket support ticket to Lenovo (if the keyboard is still under warranty) so it can be replaced.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

Highlighted
T-P
What's DOS?
Views: 846
Message 8 of 11

I have the exactly same problem -- and with not only one but two of these Thinkpad keyboards.

So far no solution to me. The wired version would be much better if you do not need wireless.

George3534
Punch Card
Views: 702
Message 9 of 11

I have the same problem with the bluetooth version of this keyboard.  After several rounds of uninstalling and reinstalling the last drivers, I also ordered a second keyboard thinking my first one might have been defective. The replacement had the same problem. I have spent too much time troubleshooting and have given up and now use the USB wired version, which works fine. In the the past I've used Logitech bluetooth keyboards that have worked flawlessly.

MsFrustration
What's DOS?
Views: 645
Message 10 of 11

I have done everything you've done.  this keeps happening.  It's such a waste of time and so frustrating.  even when I have the USB plugged in it STILL loses sync. . . . it's fully charged, I just unplugged it from the power supply so sync AGAIN with my laptop.  Worked for about 5 minutes and then lost connection once again.  Even though it's still connected via the usb. 

drivers updated

power full

usb connected 

STILL not working ... oh so frustrating.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals