Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QWS
What's DOS?
Views: 2,874
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with Trackpoint - Stop Working

I have just started to use this keyboard, and find it very good apart from it disconnecting from my X1 Laptop. It is still paired but when trying to use no imput with the keys. I have to remove move it and re-connect. does anyone know how to maintain the connection until I shut down the Laptop?

Guru
Views: 2,810
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with Trackpoint - Stop Working

Hi, welcome to the forum

What I would do on your case to try to fix this issue will be:

1) Check that the battery of the keyboard is charged

2) Check the support site (or Lenovo Companion) of the X1 Laptop and update the drivers (specially related to bluetooth and wireless)

3) Check also Windows 10 update and check that you are on the latest level of Windows patches.

4) The last test will be to test the keyboad on a differnet machine. If on that machine it works fine maybe we can pinpoint the problem on the X1. If it does the same thing on a different machine maybe it is an issue with the keyboard.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Lenovo Employee PhilX1
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,745
Message 3 of 4

Dear user,

The issue might be caused by the bluetooth adapter setting.

Please go to "Device manager-Bluetooth-Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)-Power Management" and then uncheck the item "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Please find the detail at picture below:

rashuge
What's DOS?
Views: 1,217
Message 4 of 4

I have tried this solution and it does not appear to resolve the issue for me.  I bought this compact BT keyboard with trackpoint because I love the trackpoint.  It works 80% of the time without issues.  It crashes the driver and that is what causes the delay for me.  I am on Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4 and have this issue.  I have tried installing the utility but there doesn't appear to be a driver in the package.  Windows grabs a generic Windows driver for it even though I can configure it from the utility.  I am at my wits end.  I cannot find a way to try and get support for it either, the web site doesn't give me an option to gain support for this keyboard.  Any suggestions would be great.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors