Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike3963
Paper Tape
Views: 217
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard

I have a ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard with TrackPoint. Great Keyboard, however the micro USB connection keeps getting unplugged. Any slight movement loosens the connection which is very agrivating when one is typing. Is there a solution to make the micro USB connection more perminant?

SeniorGuru
Views: 175
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard

Welcome to the forum.

Others have reported the same issue. It seems to be a design issue in that there should be a deeper opening in the plastic case to offer better mechanical support for the plastic plug body.

I have two of these keyboards. I've found that I have to press the plug really hard into the jack in order for it to go in all the way. When I do that it stays in quite well even though I can still move the plug left/right slightly. If that doesn't help you may have to try to hack something, e.g. use tape or something like https://sugru.com/

Paper Tape
Views: 127
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Compact USB Keyboard

Thanks Dorian

I always try to keep the Jack plugged in as tightly as possible.

I have not had a chance to try Sugu. The local hardware store did not have it or a variation of. I suspect it will work.

Mike

Top Kudoed Authors