Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-02-2021

Switzerland

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C Dock with USB A not working with Screen ThinkVision P24q-20

2021-06-12, 8:05 AM

Hello,

We recently bought 5 new Lenovo laptops, 5 docking stations and 5 screens for our business. The docking stations models and the screens models where suggested products (and therefore meaning compatible) during the online buying process of the laptops. However we ran into problems, obviously driver problem of the docking station not (currently) supporting the screen. Here are the specs:

• Dockings: ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C Dock mit USB A 
  • Screens: ThinkVision P24q-20 
  • Laptops: ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6

Everything goes fine till i try to connect a screen on the docking station. The laptop suddendly slow down, seems to suffer, the screen is sometimes blinking with the windows desktop image but remains black most of the time. It seems to be a driver problem of the docking not supporting this screen. Here is the complete list of what i did:

• I installed every windows 10 pro updates
  • I installed every updates suggested by the lenovo update
  • I updated to laptop bios to the lastest version
  • I updated the docking station to the lastest version with the "Firmware Update Tool for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock - V10030"
  • I tried to connect different docking of the same model to different screen of the same model, everytimes the same problem. Meaning it's not a device that is defect.
  • I tried to proceed with HDMI cable (i tried different ones) and i tried with displayport (i also tried different cables), same problem.
  • I tried to change the resolution, to change some settings of the screen and then return to the default factory settings. Problem remains.
  • When i connect the screen directly to the hdmi port of the laptop, it works.
  • I tried to update the screen driver with the latest provided on the website and then tried to connect again the screen on the docking. The problem still persist.

But, we bought those 3 differents devices (laptop, docking, screen), all of the same constructor, especially to avoid such compatibility problem and the compatibility between those 3 products was certified on the lenovo online store portal during the order. If we bought a docking, it was to connect the additional screen through the docking and not directly on the laptop itself, so please provide a fix for this issue. Is someone experiencing the same issue with those models ?

Thanks,

Options

367 Posts

03-27-2020

Philippines

39 Signins

1425 Page Views

• Views: 1425
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C Dock with USB A not working with Screen ThinkVision P24q-20

2021-06-13, 9:34 AM

Hi guisolan,

Just to confirm that all 5 sets cannot display well while connected to the docks.

Will the docks and monitor also have its own power connectors plugged in?

Ensure that you have the correct ports from laptop to the dock.

Check the device manager if the docks are connected.

When installing the software for the dock, uninstall those that you may have initially and retry it starting with the driver first and restart.. 

Then proceed with the firmware after the driver with all devices properly connected.

-Dbrix

- Apologies in advance for not getting back soon on regular days. Please proceed with any Community members that can share their ideas and experiences to help.
Options

2062 Posts

02-28-2012

Ecuador

1823 Signins

32468 Page Views

• Views: 32468
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C Dock with USB A not working with Screen ThinkVision P24q-20

2021-06-16, 0:52 AM

Hi 

I don't have your configuration, and it also seems you made some extensive testing with different machines and different cables.

Is you USB-C dock this one, right?

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/PD500180

For what I can see the display chipset inside the dock is the "DisplayLink". My only idea will be to use the official DisplayLink Driver just hoping for some luck.

https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/windows

The Lenovo one is "10.1.2695.0(DisplayLink 10.1 M0)", the one on the website is "10.1 M1 02 Jun 2021".

This is a long shot, not sure if it will work.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Like" for Ego Boost !!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms