CH

17 Signins

141 Page Views

• Views: 141
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock - Not responding

2019-04-13, 16:52 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to run the ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock with my Lenovo E580 but no success.

Only the power supply is working. The USB ports won't work, and are not recognizing even my mouse.

I've already installed the driver for the docking station and my whole Lenovo Laptop is up to date. I've already restarted the laptop many times, but no success. 

The docking station is brand new and it's quite frustrating the time is taking me to make it work.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

Thanks in advance

Options

1 Posts

06-14-2019

US

1 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock - Not responding

2019-06-14, 2:41 AM

I have the same problem with Lenovo X1 cabon and microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard. The keyboard will work if dongle is directly connected to laptop USB port however it would not work when I connect it to docking station. it was working 2 weeks ago since then something happened.

Options

1 Posts

04-17-2020

NO

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock - Not responding

2020-04-17, 13:56 PM

I experienced the same problem with my Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 7. Ethernet, Power, External screen through HDMI and sound all worked fine, but none of the USB high/low ports. 

Resolved it by disconnecting my screen, and then connecting mouse and keyboard via USB. Then, I reconnected my screen again, and all ports worked fine after that. I reckon the HDMI was in conflict with something.

Spent a whole day troubleshooting thunderbolt, firmware and BIOS updates, before finding this simple solution.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete