Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSC1
Paper Tape
Views: 17,615
Message 1 of 7

ThinkPad Pro Docking Station

Hello,

Two weeks ago we purchased 3 "Thinkpad Pro Docking Stations" from Lenovo.com, PN 40AH0135US.

(Link: https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/top-tech/Pro-Dock-135-W-US/p/40AH0135US)

The back has two DISPLAYPORT ports on the back. However, we have not been able to get dual monitors to work. My question is this: will this particular docking station even support dual monitor displays? 

When I called Lenovo support thw two techs I spoke with couldn't even find our "FRU P/N" that is listed on the docking station so they said they can't pull up documentation or help me. Evidently this product is too new for Lenovo support.

Does anyone else know if this docking station will support dual monitor displays utilizing the dual display port ports in the back?

Lenovo Employee PhilX1
Lenovo Employee
Views: 17,356
Message 2 of 7

Re: ThinkPad Pro Docking Station

Q: Will this particular docking station even support dual monitor displays?

A: Yes, it supports two external DP monitors with max resolution up to 4096*2160@30Hz. Moreover, if you connect one external DP monitor, it supports max resolution up to 4096*2160@60Hz

I've tried it in person that both of my monitors successfully got a resolution of 3840*2160@30Hz, which is the max resolution to the monitors.

If your dock doesn't work like mine, it is recommended that you download the Firmwares and Drives at the site below:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/PD500174

Hope this helps.

HTBruceM
Token Ring
Views: 17,292
Message 3 of 7

I am currently using a pair of DP monitors via the Pro Dock (40ah - side dock). I am able to run 1920x1200 @60hz on both monitors. No 4K monitors tried yet.

My laptop is X1 Carbon 6th Gen 20KG (Costco version)

My dock is Thinkpad Pro Docking Station 40AH.

I have a different issue regarding the dock. The problem is this:

When the laptop is DOCKED (and only when docked) I cannot get the laptop to sleep or turn off the displays on it's defined schedule in Windows power settings.

What does work:  It will sleep on schedule when on undocked; both on battery and when using the charger. And I can also MANUALLY put the laptop into sleep from the Windows shutdown menu. The problem only occurs when the laptop is DOCKED.

I have updated to the latest dock drivers and firmware (6.3.9600.127 as of today 4/28/18). I'm using the default "Balanced" power settings. 

Suggestions?

Capture.PNG

HTBruceM
Token Ring
Views: 17,245
Message 4 of 7

It doesn't look like anyone from Lenovo is responding to this thread. I'm updating it with the latest status for benefit of any other users out there.

As of the April 2018 Windows 10 update 1803, the situation seems to have righted itself. The laptop now correctly turns off the display and puts the computer to sleep on the "plugged in" schedule when it is docked. Either a SW change in the update has fixed something that was broken, or it was "fixed" as an incidental side effect of applying the update.

Either way, no complaints now!
Lenovo Employee PhilX1
Lenovo Employee
Views: 17,235
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your sharing.

According to your description, it looks like the issue was caused by Windows.

Anyway, it's great that the issue has been fixed.

Ezriderrandy
Paper Tape
Views: 10,677
Message 6 of 7

Sorry, I don't use blogs/communities often. Business laptop, just went from T420 to T470 and jumped form WIN7 to WIN10, on the new T470 the pointer is great on the outer file menues and scrolling for most applications, but for a couple of my applications when I am inside the fields and icons, the pointer is off by about 1". (If I want to click on an OK button, I have to have the pointer 1" to the right of the OK button). THis is the same whetehr the track pad or mouse plugged into docking station or Laptop

When the T470 is not on the docking station, it works fine. Does not happen for normal applications liek Word or Excel, but a company specific applications.

Highlighted
Amy110
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,504
Message 7 of 7

I bought a Thinkpad pro Docking station (Part number:  40AH0135US) a couple of months ago to use with my Lenove Thinkpad T480 and 2 external monitors with HDMI ports. Connected the HDMI ports on the monitors to 2 display ports on the Docking station (had to use a converter to convert HDMI cable to plug into Display ports on the docking station). Laptop has Windows 10, 64 bit. I could not get the monitors to work correctly. Only one external monitor would work at a time or not work at all. I tried changing out HDMI cables but that did not help. Came across this post and checked the firmware on my Docking station. Followed the link to see instructions for upgrading firmware for Docking station. I upgraded the firmware to the latest that was availale on 5/15/2019.

After upgrade this is the version that shows:

USB Audio=0012

USB HUB = 5043/5033

DP HUB=5.03.005

PD Control=DA.0.1.8

Everything is now working as it should. 2 External monitors are working correctly.

Thank you very much.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors