Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 2 (496 Views)

ThinkPad Stack Battery - IO ports? Product update?

[ Edited ]

I have a few questions about the ThinkPad Stack battery:

1. Can the battery actually be used to charge a laptop who's internal battery is dead?

2. How is the stack battery charged once it's out of power?

Based on https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/options/tpstack_10kmah_powerbank_ug_sp40h34207.pdf, I understand the I/O ports to be 2 USB-A 2.0 connectors and one MicroUSB 2.0 connector.  Are there any intentions to update these?  USB 2.0 is kind of old by now (should be updated to USB 3.0) and more more devices use USB-C including my current mobile phone.  

Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 2 (382 Views)

Re: ThinkPad Stack Battery - IO ports? Product update?

Hi.

About question #2. How is the stack battery charged once it's out of power?

It can be in two ways. You can plug the battery to power with a provided USB cable and adapter (or it can charge from an USB machine), or you can connect it to the stack that has other device plugged to the power, like the access point.

About #1 "Can the battery actually be used to charge a laptop who's internal battery is dead".  I have no idea, I think it depends more if the latop can be charged with an USB power bank like regular phones. I haven't experienced any laptop with that feature.

Should be updated to USB 3.0? I'm not sure about it. Since there it is a battery it is not like it will be a lot usefull to be supported for USB 3.0. What it can be interesting is to be updated to an USB-C port, but maybe to replace the micro-usb port on it. I'm not completely sure about it.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Top kudoed Authors