Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-24-2021

Serbia

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 41 of 56

Re:ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard II - Swap Fn and Ctrl?

2021-03-24, 9:21 AM

Terrible customer service, so disappointed. This is v2 of the bloody keyboard. Not to mention that it has been an ongoing issue with all laptops/keyboards they have. Terrible. Returning it back. And next generation of laptop/keyboard I decide to buy, I will most definitely NOT look for Lenovo products anymore. Or recommend them to anyone, even better, I will mention this issue that is huge for people working all day long in office, and advise on others to avoid Lenovo because of this. 

Options

6 Posts

03-26-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 42 of 56

2021-03-26, 11:18 AM

Keep replying to this chain, make this thread bigger. Complain to them on lenovo facebook. Have them send this issue up the chain. It's the only way we'll get a solution. What's frustrating is that this is SO  EASY to do in the software if they would just implement it too. There's an entire github on this, of people trying to hex edit the firmware. It's totally doable and requires research. It's just not done for the trackpoint ii. But all this pain and suffering could easily be avoided if lenovo just had their support crew pass up some issues to the product design team.  

Options

3 Posts

11-19-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 43 of 56

2021-03-26, 19:52 PM

Agreed with everything you outlined above and my reason for originally chiming in.

How else can we shake the tree harder?

Options

11178 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32963 Signins

1229035 Page Views

• Views: 1229035
  • Message 44 of 56

2021-03-28, 12:27 PM

Hello All,

Thanks all for sharing your opinions on this issue, we do always read what customers are submitting even though we may not always contribute or comment immediately. The theme of this topic was passed to the responsible business unit who have responded with the confirmation that the Fn and Ctrl swap is not supported on the TrackPoint II keyboard, as was the case with its predecessor, and there are no plans to add this functionality to that keyboard.

I appreciate that this is not what many in this thread want to read but it would be remiss not to provide a definitive answer. I can however add, on an happier note, that your opinions have not gone unheeded and the business unit has agreed the feature is one which should be considered for inclusion in future iterations of the keyboard.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

6 Posts

03-26-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 45 of 56

2021-03-30, 5:00 AM

You can do it in the software. The fact that it's totally possible with a firmware hex edit proves this. Tell your business department how important this is. Tell them again.

Options

2 Posts

04-15-2021

Ukraine

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 46 of 56

2021-04-15, 14:25 PM

You should take a look at that post: https://forums.lenovo.com/topic/findpost/1397/5015526/5293205 .

Options

2 Posts

04-15-2021

Ukraine

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 47 of 56

2021-04-15, 14:42 PM

I've just registered in order to express my appreciation for the answer from the unnamed BU.

I've just seen and have been very excited by this keyboard. I was going to buy it right away for my workstation. I really like such a keyboard on my thinkpad.

And it is a fortune that I went for reviews and one of them remembered me about the **bleep** placement of the Ctrl. Switching fn and ctrl was the very first thing I've done with my laptop, I even forgot about it. The impossibility of switching them in the standalone keyboard is a definite no-go for me.

Options

1 Posts

04-26-2021

Switzerland

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 48 of 56

2021-04-26, 17:53 PM

A keyboard manufacturer should know about the importance of the CTRL key for the users.

Having the keys switched as a default is already a very brave idea.

Not enabling to switch them to the normal place, is quite a big mistake.

Not understanding this after all that was said in that tread seems to be insane for me.

I would love this keyboard, but with the Ctrl key like this... I will return it, if the feature is added, i will happily purchase it again.

All the best to the mentioned product team, I wonder if they ever tried this keyboard themselfs? You should try it! It's great, despite... ;-)

Options

1 Posts

05-01-2021

Bulgaria

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 49 of 56

2021-05-01, 11:47 AM

Having to disassemble and resolder my brand new keyboard is insane, do you guys realize that the primary users of your products are developers and the CTRL is the most key in the day-to-day?

Ctrl + Space, Ctrl + . Not to mention the Select all, Copy and Paste shortcuts, this tanks productivity. Do your own developers even use your products?

Options

9 Posts

01-12-2021

Poland

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 50 of 56

2021-05-10, 8:03 AM

@Andy_Lenovo 

I hope that you are aware that BU passed the worst answer which thay can to their customers. It is ridiculus and in general it is a lie what BU said. In case of the first version of this keyboard people modded original firmware to swap LCTRL and FN keys. Lenovo is not taking into account their customers voice, Lenovo simply doesn't care about their customers. All of us bought ThinkPad Trackpoint Keyboard II and we are disappinted with it. Funny thing is that it should be simple to resolve but again...Lenovo doesn't care and Lenovo says...we will fix this in the next revision of the keyboard and you can buy a new one. Does Lenovo not realize that no one from this thread will buy their new version of keyboard as we are very disappionted with customer care? Personally I won't buy next version of this keyboad and I am thinking not to buy Thinkpad laptops anymore.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms