Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-07-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 1 of 5

ThinkPad USB-C Dock (40A9, 40A90090XX) displayport not working

2019-10-18, 19:50 PM

I have two USB-C docks (40A90090XX) connected to a Yoga 370, everything ok for over a year of usage.

Just recentlly the displayports on both of them stopped working, I cannot plugin any external Monitor via the displayports.

They are both on the latest firmware and I have the latest thunderbolt drivers installed.

Options

2 Posts

11-14-2019

Austria

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkPad USB-C Dock (40A9, 40A90090XX) displayport not working

2019-11-14, 14:39 PM

Hello paddock3d2,

I ownThinkVision P24h-10 with integrated docking station and have connected them via Thunderbold / USB C to my Thinkpad Yoga 370 (as a daisy chain). The setup has been working for almost a year now, but for a month or two, the monitors either turn on and off, they flicker or they do not respond. A defect of the monitors is impossible because they work with other notebooks. I have installed a new Version of Windows on my Thinkpad several times and also installed all driver, software and BIOS updates. And that's exactly the problem. The Thinkpad works great with the newly installed operating system until the time it installs any update (I guess the USB host controller). Can you even try to uninstall this driver to find out whats the problem? I have already turned to support, but at this point I think I was the only one with this problem ...

Options

4 Posts

10-07-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

87 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2019-11-14, 19:53 PM

Tried to uninstall the controller but still can't use the monitors connected through the dock's displayport. I have not tried a windows format/re-install though.

Options

2 Posts

11-14-2019

Austria

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-11-15, 17:14 PM

I'va found the following post today: Critical Intel Thunderbolt Software and Firmware Updates - ThinkPad.

I think our both Problem got something to do with it but i've installed both, driver and firmware update..

I've installed the firmware update manually today and recognized that it's recommended not to connect a thunderbolt device during installation. The problem is that most of the former installed updates ran when i was connected to the docking station/monitors.. maybe thats the troblem?! 

Symptom

Systems may experience any of the following symptoms:

• USB-C port not working
  • Intel Thunderbolt controller not visible in the OS/Device Manager
  • USB-C or Thunderbolt docking stations not visible or having connectivity problems
  • HDMI output not available
  • System battery not charging with a USB-C power adapter connected to the USB-C port
  • Intel Thunderbolt pop-up error message
  • Intel Thunderbolt safe mode error message
  • BIOS Thunderbolt communication error or hang during POST

These symptoms may occur after 6 to 12 months of typical usage.

Options

4 Posts

10-07-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

87 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2019-11-20, 11:17 AM

I had the drivers from the TB critical updates installed. But one thing I notice is that the thunderbolt icon (intel thunderbolt software) is not enabled  nor the "thunderbolt(TM) controller - 15BF" under system devices shows up after boot up or pluged in.

I have to manually open the FW updater software or the detect1904.exe under C:\DRIVERS\WIN\ThunderboltFW to "force" Thunderbolt to come up, afterwards if I connect my displays, it takes around 30-2 min for then to behave normally.

Still not a long term solution, I really dont want to re-install wnt but it sounds like I will have to try that.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms