Options

1 Posts

12-19-2017

US

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad X1 Carbon and ThinkPad Ultra USB 3.0 Dock don't recognize two monitors are plugged in

2017-12-19, 16:28 PM

Hello all,

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon running Windows 10 attached to a Lenovo ThinkPad Ultra USB 3.0 Dock with two Asus monitors connected - one to the DisplayPort port and one to the HDMI port.

The same image is duplicated on both monitors.  Device Manager sees only one monitor.  So does Windows Display Settings and Intel Graphics Settings.

How do I get the dock and laptop to recognize that there are two monitors connected so that I may setup different display settings on each?  I want to set up one of the monitors in portrait orientation so I can stand it vertically while leaving the other monitor in horizontal/landscape orientation.

Options

1975 Posts

02-28-2012

EC

1785 Signins

32098 Page Views

• Views: 32098
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad X1 Carbon and ThinkPad Ultra USB 3.0 Dock don't recognize two monitors are plugged in

2017-12-21, 2:13 AM

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

When it cames to docks I always recommend to you have your Thinkpad to the lastest BIOS level. The easy way is to install updated with "Lenovo Vantage / Companion" or checking the Lenovo Support site for your model.

If I don't recall it wrong the "Lenovo ThinkPad Ultra USB 3.0 Dock" uses "DisplayLink" technology. So you can get the driver from the DisplayLink site of the Lenovo support site:

http://www.displaylink.com/downloads

Update the DisplayLink driver just in case and see if the Windows can see the monitor now when you extend (Win+P) your monitor.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save