Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierpytom
What's DOS?
Views: 2,179
Message 31 of 37

Re: ThinkVision P27h-10 daisy-chaining

Hi,

I do have a MacBook Pro 2018, and this Daisy Chain feature seemed a game changer for me!

I tried to connect my previous monitor with a DVI to DP cable, but the second monitor doesn't receive any signal ...

At the moment I have: [Old Monitor - DVI] <---> [DP - Lenovo P27h - USB C ] <---> [ USB C - MacBook]

Is there any chance to have it running on the MacBook? :/

Matmid01
Paper Tape
Views: 2,086
Message 32 of 37

I just received my two exchange  monitors. 

It is possible to connect the Mac via usb-c to m1, m1 via dp-out to m2 dp-in.

Problem: It is only possible to mirror the 2 external monitors. (When connecting the Mac via usbc to each monitor extending the displays is possible.)

I just checked Microcodes (Sclaer, Type-C, USB HUB) of both new monitors. There I found that one exchange monitor has obviously the (most) current microcode, the other one still the same as my first two monitors.

Another strange thing is that it is only possible to connect the monitors via usb-c -> dp in -> dp out if on monitor 1 daisychaining is disabled....

To sum up... We are one step further, but still have no 100% working solution.

I will contact Lenovo support again to send me a second montior with the current microcode and let you know as soon as it works.

Peter12356
Paper Tape
Views: 2,062
Message 33 of 37

Hi matmid01,  would you please share the microcode versions?

Is it possible to update the monitors?

Jeff3380
What's DOS?
Views: 1,396
Message 34 of 37

I have a p24h-10 daisy chained to a dell monitor. It worked on my xps13 9360. But my new yoga c930 didn't work properly. I can only get one external display working. It is kind of strange that xps13 performed better than lenovo's own c930.

Kevin1610
Paper Tape
Views: 683
Message 35 of 37

I have two of these monitors and am trying to daisy chain them together with my 2015 Macbook. The only ports I have on my Macbook are HDMI and Thunderbolt 2/Mini DisplayPort. I though it'd be possible to use the Mini Display port to daisy chain, but it doesn't work. I have my laptop connected to monitor 1 with a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable. I'm then using DisplayPort output on Monitor 1 to connect to DisplayPort input on monitor 2. If I have DP daisy chain enabled on monitor 1, then monitor 2 remains black. But if I turn DP daisy chain off on monitor 1, then monitor 2 mirrors monitor 1. Does anyone know if it's possible to daisy chain these monitors by using the mini displayport, or if there is another way?

Thanks!

spocko
SCSI Port
Views: 632
Message 36 of 37

My understanding is that MacOS does not support displayport daisy chaining. If you want dual external monitors, I think you'll have to connect both directly to your Macbook.

Highlighted
Kevin1610
Paper Tape
Views: 604
Message 37 of 37

I came to that conclusion shortly after I posted the question. I find it absurd that MacOS doesn't support it, but I'm not surprised. They may create a $200 adapter to daisy chain at some point lol.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors