Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

08-27-2016

Norway

12 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkVision P27h, red lines on the screen and I can not get USB-C charging to work.

2018-01-27, 15:31 PM

Got my P27h a few weeks ago, and I have had some issues. First is that sometimes thin, vertical lines appear on the screen. I tried recording it with recording software, it did not show up. I do have videos on it from my phone though. Seems like a hardware issue since a screen recording dont record it, but I dont know about this. 

Second issue, I cant charge my phone with the included USB-C charger. Isnt it just plug and play, plug the included USB C in the monitor and then the phone in the other end? Nothing happens when I plug it in my phone. 

Am I doing something wrong? Is the red lines 100% a hardware issue? 

Options

2056 Posts

02-28-2012

Ecuador

1820 Signins

32413 Page Views

• Views: 32413
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkVision P27h, red lines on the screen and I can not get USB-C charging to work.

2018-01-28, 0:17 AM

Hi, welcome here.

About the RedLines, it will be interesting to check the video you recorded. My other idea will be to try the monitor with other computer to see if it behaves the same way.

About the USB-C. I don't have this monitor, so I'm just checking the manual. It looks to me like the USB-C port on the back is to connect the computer to the monitor (with video transmition) and not to charge a device. The USB ports on the side of the monitor seems to me to be the ones that can charge a device.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Like" for Ego Boost !!

Options

8 Posts

08-27-2016

Norway

12 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkVision P27h, red lines on the screen and I can not get USB-C charging to work.

2018-01-29, 21:29 PM

Here is a video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TRZewa4jcDy3140r2

Kinda hard to try with another computer, since it happens pretty rarely, maybe a 2-5 times a day. This does not happen on my secondary monitor though. 

And thanks about the USB C part, I will try the side port! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms