Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 8 (382 Views)

ThinkVision Pro2820 auto dimming problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Our company has just received a batch of ThinkVision Pro2820's. We are however having issues with the monitors auto-dim function - we can't find out how to disable it. The work of me and my colleagues involves shifting between a lot of different applications and windows. With the auto dim function enabled this results in the brightness level constantly changing up and down which is an absolute pain to look at.

I've looked around and haven't been able to find a solution. I've seen dpeleg's thread (here) on the forums with what sounds like the exact same problem on another model. The answer supplied here does not work for us, nor does it seem like it solved his/her problem.

I've tried setting the monitors brightness level to 99 out of 100 (kinda the solution provided in the thread in the link) but that does nothing. I've also disabled adaptive brightness in the advanced power settings of the computer. None of the above work. I haven't been able to find any official documentation to this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 8 (360 Views)

Re: ThinkVision Pro2820 auto dimming problem

You might try first backing up the registry hive shown below on one of the affected systems, and then try importing the following registry settings to see if it helps.   A reboot is required to test whether it works or not.  

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ ContrOl \ Class \ {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} \ 00 00]

"Dpst6_3ApplyExtraDimming" = dword: 00000000
"DCUserPreferencePolicy" = dword: 00020000
"ACUserPreferencePolicy" = dword: 00020000
"PowerDcPolicy" = dword: 60564054
"PowerAcPolicy" = dword: 60566054

Good Luck,

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 8 (344 Views)

Hi JDGillis,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it did not work, there's no difference. I am not sure how a regedit echange could make a change since the issue is entirely related to the monitors?

BR

Anders

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 8 (290 Views)

No one else with any suggestions? Still also waiting to hear from a Lenovo employee about this.

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 8 (202 Views)

Still anxiously awating a Lenovo employee to help out with this. It is a major nuisance for several users.

Guru
Message 6 of 8 (196 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I don't have that monitor but I saw a similar problem on the Thinkvision X24. The workarround sugested was to set the monitor one bar setting below maximum brightness and it will not auto adjust.

Can you try it out? maybe both monitors share the same issue.

Ref: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Displays-Options-and-Accessories/ThinkVision-X24-display-brightness-cha...

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 8 (188 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Martin,

As stated in my original post this was one of the first things I tried:
"I've tried setting the monitors brightness level to 99 out of 100 (kinda the solution provided in the thread in the link) but that does nothing."

BR
Anders

Guru
Message 8 of 8 (170 Views)

Hi AndersBoJensen

I don't have that monitor, so I tried to check the manual to see how is the light sensor that it has,  but I was unable to find anything online.

Maybe it is time for you to open a ticket to Lenovo, if the website does to not work to open an e-ticket try calling by phone.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Top kudoed Authors