Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-04-2018

Denmark

4 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 1 of 4

ThinkVision T2454pA failing to display anything

2018-10-04, 22:27 PM

I have a Lenovo ThinkVision T2454p and it suddenly failed to display anything. The backlight is turning on and the power indicator is green but there is no image, not even from the built in OSD.

This picture, where it's actually plugged in to the laptop, can paint a clearer image:

Interestingly, the laptop picks up the monitor like normal with no issues. Audio even passes through to the monitor (via HDMI) and can be heard through the headphone output.

If anyone knows anything about this issue, or maybe how to do a factory reset via hardware buttons (I can't see the OSD to do it from the menu) then please let me know.

NOTE: This issue is present on ALL inputs (HDMI, VGA and DP) and it has been tested with multiple computers so it is clearly a Monitor issue. Also, yes I have tried to change the input channel via the hardware button.

Options

2062 Posts

02-28-2012

Ecuador

1823 Signins

32468 Page Views

• Views: 32468
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkVision T2454pA failing to display anything

2018-10-07, 17:03 PM

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I haven't found anything related to your issue on the support site for this model.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd100737

You already seems to have done a good "trial and error" to find out it is a hardware issue. I think that the only think you can do now is to check if the monitor is on warranty and open a support ticket for it. If it is under warranty Lenovo should replace it for free, otherwise they may charge you for fixing it.

https://www.lenovo.com/dk/da/contact/

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Like" for Ego Boost !!

Options

3 Posts

10-04-2018

Denmark

4 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: ThinkVision T2454pA failing to display anything

2018-10-07, 17:43 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply and the welcome :)

I figured as much. Unfortunately it's out of warranty and I'm not sure how much it would cost to repair it... and if it's worth it at this point. But, if you've ever run into something like this and have even a rough idea of the price do let me know.

More importantly, do you, by chance, know if it's in any way possible to trigger a reset via hardware buttons? I feel like this is the last thing I could try and if it fails I'll probably buy a new one...

Options

1 Posts

03-13-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:ThinkVision T2454pA failing to display anything

2020-03-13, 2:36 AM

Hi, I am having exactly the same issue as you and I am wondering if you found a solution to the issue?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)