Options

0 Posts

05-12-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 1

ThinkVision X1 - Type 60E2 - thunderbolt 3 problem - monitor not wake up sometimes

2020-05-12, 9:07 AM

Hello, I bought this ThinkVision X1 thunderbolt 3 monitor about 3 years ago because of the innovation of thunderbolt 3 featuring display, USB and charging the laptop computer with a single thunderbolt 3 cable.  This ThinkVision X1 monitor connects to my laptop computer via one thunderbolt 3 cable and I also have the keyboard and mouse connected to the ThinkVision X1 regular USB ports on the back of the monitor.  The way how I wake up the ThinkVision X1 monitor is I simply hit the keyboard or move the mouse, and the problem I have had in the past several years is that: "sometimes" the ThinkVision X1 monitor does not wake up.  When that happens I will power off and then power on the monitor (press the power button on the ThinkVision X1 monitor) as a workaround.  I have two laptop computers: Dell Precision 5510 and HP Spectre, and they both show the same problem with the ThinkVision X1 monitor.  Originally I thought it was the problem of the thunderbolt 3 cable I used (a thunderbolt 3 certified cable; I bought that cable a few years ago after I bought the ThinkVision X1 monitor).  I recently bought another thunderbolt 3 certified cable to replace my old one hoping to fix this "sometimes monitor not wake up problem", but the problem remains the same with this new thunderbolt 3 certified cable, so it looks to me the problem is the ThinkVision X1 monitor itself.  I don't know if there is a way I can update the driver or firmware of this ThinkVision X1 monitor for fixing the problem.  Any suggestion is appreciated.  Thanks for your help.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete