Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cisbrane
Not applicable
Views: 1,789
Message 21 of 42

Re: ThinkVision p27h humming on USB C

Another post had this link on the first page. You can hear the humming better than in my video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjdk5A2w150

saaonline
Not applicable
Views: 1,677
Message 22 of 42

I'm faced with the same problem. ThinkVision P27h and Thinkpad T480s.

I contacted the Lenovo hotline and they sent me a new monitor. Unfortunately, the new one has the same behavior. A friend of mine has also a P27h and that one has NO humming with my T480s.

@Lenovo Admins: Are you interested in serial numbers of the devices mentioned above or some other details? Please help. 

cisbrane
Not applicable
Views: 1,621
Message 23 of 42

I wonder if we need to start getting serial numbers. I wonder if there is a bad batch out there if this other p27h works.

cisbrane
Not applicable
Views: 1,587
Message 24 of 42

@Juraj_Lenovo:

This sound is making me go crazy. Any update on attempts to reproduce? Anything else I can provide? Would serial numbers help? Anyone else I can contact? I really want to solve this issue and get the noise to go away.

Highlighted
ultra99
Not applicable
Views: 1,424
Message 25 of 42

@cisbrane

Same problem? That sucks! What did you end up doing with the replacement monitor?

cisbrane
Not applicable
Views: 1,325
Message 26 of 42

Replacement had the same issue unfortuantely. I still have it. I don't have many options but to keep trying to get Lenovo to find their fault and fix it, or buy an external dock (grumble). My return period has lapsed.

iphetamine
Not applicable
Views: 1,284
Message 27 of 42

I have the exact same problem as explained in this thread. 

My original monitor was manufactured in Aug. 2018. They sent me another monitor manufactured in July 2018, same model number. Same problem.

Not sure what to do now? Return and buy a non-ThinkVision monitor? Or just deal with it? Or invest in lenovo's super expensive dock?

iphetamine
Not applicable
Views: 1,220
Message 28 of 42

@cisbrane

wondering, can I charge via USB C power adapter and use USBC cable for display and hub at the same time?

cisbrane
Not applicable
Views: 673
Message 29 of 42

@Juraj_Lenovo, @Lenovo....

Please, is there any update to this issue? I have started a post on another website and more people have the same problems. Really need a fix for this issue. Thanks.

cudima
Not applicable
Views: 634
Message 30 of 42

Just another testimonial. I had the same buzzing issue connecing usb-c from a T480. I ended up plugging the power cable into the laptop in addition to the usb-c to the monitor. That eliminated the noise for me.

Created a support ticket and Lenovo quietly sent me a replacement monitor. It was kind of strange because there was no communication - a new monitor just showed up. Replacement monitor has the same issue. But I upgraded my setup and bought another one to have dual screen. Luckily, the new one has no buzzing noise.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors