Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PetrKa
Paper Tape
Views: 483
Message 41 of 47

Re: ThinkVision p27h humming on USB C

Thank you for confirming. My colleague confirmed the workaround with plugged-in AC adapter also works for him. Nonetheless it's not a solution, just workaround. And it's useful only for notebooks equipped with traditional (non USB-C) charging connector.

Regards,

Petr

saaonline
Paper Tape
Views: 381
Message 42 of 47

My Thinkpad T480s has two USB-C ports so I can plug simultaneously a USB-C cable from my P27h and another one from a power adapter. There's no humming then. So doing this or using a HDMI cable are the workarounds.

@Admins: I have recorded the humming using my mobile, see attachment. 

felipecerda
What's DOS?
Views: 282
Message 43 of 47

Hi all,

I just wanted to report that I am having the same issue with a Dell XPS 13 9360 connected via USB C like everyone else.

I do not think I will bother with asking for a replacement though, knowing that everyone who has received one still has the same issue.

Regards,

Felipe

suneet1991
Blue Screen Again
Views: 225
Message 44 of 47

Hi All,

I have the same problem and I have tried replacing the USB-C cable with an active cable to no avail. I have X1C6 and the noise is constant when the battery reaches 100%. I have two years of warranty and don't want to go through the hassle of replacing the unit after reading the comments. 

@Admin @someotherguy Please help and escalate the issue. 

Michal6677
What's DOS?
Views: 208
Message 45 of 47

It seems they are not solving this issue and they have no plan to solve it (according to my communication with their support). They are willing to replace monitor for another one but the new one will have the same issue. It means they admit it's an issue. 

So I will just wait for end of warranty and then I will replace my monitor for the new one to get new 3 years warranty. I can do this every 3 years until they stop production of these monitors and they will have to return my money back or get me brand new model.

suneet1991
Blue Screen Again
Views: 172
Message 46 of 47

Hi,

I don't think they will do that. I hope not. I have had my X1C replaced(upgraded from X1C3 to X1C6) as they didn't have a new battery for my old one and my machine was under extended warranty period.

I called the support yesterday and they are sending a new replacement. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one solves the problem. If not, I'm asking for a refund.

Does anyone have any suggesting for a new monitors?

zatamine
Paper Tape
Views: 70
Message 47 of 47

I bought one this week, connected to my laptop T480, I have the same problem!

Mode : 2560x1440 - 88.9KHz / 60.0Hz
Model name : P27h-10
Microcode :

Scaler-LG1.3

Type-C-2.9

USB HUB - 1.23

Any solutions without lost the all in one connexion ?

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors