Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cisbrane
Punch Card
Views: 967
Message 31 of 40

Re: ThinkVision p27h humming on USB C

Did you connect the new second monitor on your usb c directly to your T480? If it is in daisy chain or not needing to power the computer it will not buzz.

cudima
Paper Tape
Views: 929
Message 32 of 40

yes. T480 to new monitor via USB-C. New monitor to replacement via DP. There is no buzzing from the new moitor. It might just be luck if not all of them are defective in this way. The manufacturing dates are close [new monitor = 2019-01-09, replacement = 2018-12-20].

xliiauo
Paper Tape
Views: 852
Message 33 of 40

Hi, I am having the same issue with my monitor. I received it 10 days ago and just started to notice there is such noise. My set up is p27h connecting to my Macbook Pro with USB-C. I really liked the monitor but the noise is annoying. Please find my monitor info attached.

xliiauo
Paper Tape
Views: 848
Message 34 of 40

Also, tried to connect to my Chromecast with HDMI. There was no humming. Yeah, so looks like the humming comes when you connect to a laptop that is fully charged with USB-C.

cisbrane
Punch Card
Views: 765
Message 35 of 40

So it looks like there is a web site to access my previous support request, which is still open. I added a link to this forum post and requested an escalation. Will report back anything that I find out. Thanks everyone for posting their issues, hopefully this can get resolved.

dldc
What's DOS?
Views: 549
Message 36 of 40

Hi Folks, just wanted to let you know that the problem still persists with my new P27h with manufacture date 2019-03-08.

Mine has the firmware version "Scaler-LS1.2".

Has anyone obtained a noiseless model yet?

PetrKa
Paper Tape
Views: 494
Message 37 of 40

SOLVED!?

Hello,

I want to share my personal experience with p27h humming. It was annoying for me same as for other folks in this thread. I managed to solve the problem this way: simply plugged Lenovo AC power supply adapter to my X380 Yoga and - voilla - humming is gone! I'm not telling it's the best way but seems relatively easy and working.

Can anybody confirm this helps, please? 

Regards,

Petr

Michal6677
What's DOS?
Views: 356
Message 38 of 40

Is there any progress with this issue? Does Lenovo return money because of this issue? I would like to return the monitor to my seller it there is no progress.

Btw. the support of lenovo is very poor. I was redirected to someone from IBM who has no information and they could replace my monitor with another one with the same issue. I thought Think products have better support. I will not buy anything from Lenovo anymore.

MarosH
What's DOS?
Views: 300
Message 39 of 40

Hi all,

Yes it also works for me.

When USB-C connection is used only for data and picture transfer and ThinkPad T590 is powered by received power adapter it works correctly without mentioned noise.

Maros

cisbrane
Punch Card
Views: 291
Message 40 of 40

I have had no resolution to this issue. I am quiet upset as well. They simply do not care.....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors