Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 4 (216 Views)

Thinkpad Compact keyboard

Hi all,

I'm a big fan of the Thinkpad Compact keyboard. Is anyone aware of plans to produce a backlit model? I'm sure many people in addition to me would love the feature.

Is there a good way to get in touch with Lenovo and express the desire for such a product? Perhaps someone with knowledge and skill with social media could get the attention of Lenovo? Or, perhaps people who are interested in a backlit model could start some sort of petition.

Thanks.

Guru
Message 2 of 4 (139 Views)

Re: Thinkpad Compact keyboard

Hi

I also agree that it can be a great request for the "Thinkpad Compact keyboard".

For the moment on the the forums I had seen two petitions about this keyboard.

1) That they include the separation space on the F-keys row ,between F4-F5, F8-F9 and F12-Home like in the newer Thinkpad models

2) That they include backlight on the keyboard.

About the backlight, I don't know how it can impact the battery of the keyboard, but my guess is that it is a good request.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Guru
Message 3 of 4 (114 Views)

hypermeta wrote:

Hi all,

I'm a big fan of the Thinkpad Compact keyboard. Is anyone aware of plans to produce a backlit model? I'm sure many people in addition to me would love the feature.

Is there a good way to get in touch with Lenovo and express the desire for such a product? Perhaps someone with knowledge and skill with social media could get the attention of Lenovo? Or, perhaps people who are interested in a backlit model could start some sort of petition.

I too think that a backlit keyboard is a great idea. I wouldn't buy a new ThinkPad without one.

I'm not aware of any formal process to request this feature in a future external keyboard. But I suspect that Lenovo people responsible for accessories do monitor this forum. Hopefully our posts will get their attention.

Message 4 of 4 (112 Views)

martiniturbide wrote:

About the backlight, I don't know how it can impact the battery of the keyboard, but my guess is that it is a good request.

Backlighting will consume battery power, however LEDs draw relatively little power so backlighting shouldn't have a huge impact on battery life, especially if a backlit keyboard incorporates a slightly larger battery.