cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllenJr66
Paper Tape
Views: 752
Message 1 of 15

Thinkpad Ultra Dock not waking / recognizing DVI connected monitor since Windows 1903

Since updating to Windows 1903 June 2019, when waking my T440s connected to Thinkpad Ultra Dock, it is not recognizing / waking the DVI connected monitor upon startup or resume from hibernate. It does recognize it when resuming from sleep. There were no issues with this prior to Windows 1903. I have the latest firmware applied to the Ultra Dock. I have to undock the laptop and redock for it to recognize the monitor.

I am tempted to uninstall Windows 1903 if no solution becomes availalble. I can't find this symptom in Microsoft KB or forums.

Are others having this issue? Any known resolution?

xiaomeng
Punch Card
Views: 738
Message 2 of 15

Re: Thinkpad Ultra Dock not waking / recognizing DVI connected monitor since Windows 1903

Hi Allen

Welcome to Lenovo forum.

May I know which dock you used? is it Thinkpad USB3.0 Ultra Dock?  But there is no DVI port on this dock, so could you help to share your Dock PN?

BTY, have you tried to update the latest dock driver to see if it can solve your problem. You can find the driver from below link:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/zh/solutions/pd014572

AllenJr66
Paper Tape
Views: 715
Message 3 of 15

Re: Thinkpad Ultra Dock not waking / recognizing DVI connected monitor since Windows 1903

Thinkpad Ultra Dock 90W Type 40A2

I dont' think there are drivers for this docking station, only firmware, and I have the latest applied from Lenovo.

Version: 2.33.000
Update result: 16
Error description: Your device has already got the same Firmware version 2.33.000 installed

The link you provided for drivers listed mine:

ThinkPad Ultra Dock 90W (40A2, 40A20090XX)

AllenJr66
Paper Tape
Views: 688
Message 4 of 15

The last few startups or resumes from hibernate have either recognized the attached monitor like it should normally or after some significant delay does. Mostly, there is a significant delay before the attached monitor is recognized and the display comes out of standby. Something isn't right.

xiaomeng
Punch Card
Views: 600
Message 5 of 15

Hi Allen

Have you still met the problem?  If yes,  suggest you to update you system via windows update and try again.

Retro-Markus
Paper Tape
Views: 575
Message 6 of 15

Hello everybody,

I am having the same problem here. I am using the same Ultra Dock (latest firmware installed) and first realized the problem after the 1903 Windows update using a T540p. I changed to a T440s a week ago, problem stays the same. All the latest Windows updates were installed.

However, I cannot identify a real pattern. For days I can simply wake up the closed ThinkPad (either from being completely off or from being in hibernation mode) by pushing the dock's power button and all is fine. Last night I once again couldn't get a picture. I have to remove the ThinkPad from the dock and put it back in and then my external display shows a picture.

I tried HDMI and Display Port which doesn't seem to make any difference.

A solution would be very welcome. Any information we could share to help?

Best regards,

Markus

AllenJr66
Paper Tape
Views: 563
Message 7 of 15

Yes, the problem persists with all Windows updates applied.

Christopherfest
Fanfold Paper
Views: 525
Message 8 of 15

Same issue only T470s / 40A20170US via Display port. 5+ laptops with the same issue after 1903 update. Only sure "fix" I have found is to un-dock and re-dock every morning...

Here is my thread and I'll let you know if I come up with anything

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T470s-40A20170US-external-display-issues...

-Thanks

Chris 

Jupiter9
Punch Card
Views: 472
Message 9 of 15

Same issue after update to Windows 1903. My monitors are connected via the docking station (Pro Dock). First through DVI and second through HDMI. Black screen after waking from hibernation. Putting it to sleep and re-waking helps (by pressing the button on the docking station).

AllenJr66
Paper Tape
Views: 437
Message 10 of 15

I agree, Jupiter9. There seem to be no issue when waking from 'Sleep'. By pressing power button on dock or laptop, it goes to 'Sleep'. When waking from 'Sleep' the external monitor gets a proper wake signal, but it is NOT always getting a wake signal when coming from 'Hibernate'. 

I had never had an issue before Windows 1903. Lenovo, you should be talking to Microsoft about this! There's enough of us having the same issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors