Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 703
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad external USB Keyboard - Scrolling Issue

hey!

i have an external thinkpad keyboard as stated in the header.

i have installed the latest driver from lenovo, but i have some issues when i try to scroll with the mittle trackpoint key:

* in firefox the bookmarks do not scroll until i click on the bookmarks scroll bar. afterwards the upper most bookmark is selected and when i scroll, the selection goes up/down, also opening folders when i scroll over. when i want to scroll on a HP after that i have to click in the browser window again. overall a completely abnormal behaviour.

* scrolling does not work at all in several programs (some of them:

thunderbird

maple 15

spotify

X-change pdf reader

same issues i have also recognised on my second PC. but everything works fine with my thinkpad-build in trackpoint.

is there any fix for that? will there a driver update in the near future fixing this?

Shaun_Lambert
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 502
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad external USB Keyboard - Scrolling Issue

I have the same problem too! 

The scroll doesn't work with itunes or the bookmarks editor in chrome.

**bleep** annoying, the keyboard scroll button is great to use otherwise..

I would assume unfortunately that it's a problem with those programs not working with the Lenovo drivers rather than the other way around..

joncordova
802.11n
Views: 455
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad external USB Keyboard - Scrolling Issue

Activate Smooth Scrolling in the TrackPoint settings. It's not a perfect solution, but it works in more situations than the default setting, I think.

I could never get it to play nice with Firefox. For me, when using the USB Keyboard with TrackPoint, Firefox interprets a ctrl-K anytime I even try to scroll with the middle button, and that automatically throws me out and reloads my home page. At least the Bluetooth version of the keyboard plays nice so far.

Even then, I could never get complete Trackpoint functionality out of that USB keyboard. Anybody else have a solution?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors