Did you mean: 
Highlighted
klopjero
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,241
Message 1 of 9

Thinkpad hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock - Will not wake up

Hello, 

We have an issue with the Thinkpad hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock.

The dock will not wake up from it's powersaving state (Orange light(turns off when powerbutton is pressed)), when the dock has been inactive for about an hour it will not wake up when a laptop is attached. whe the laptop is turned on it will not recognise/detect the attached dock and a result will not initialise the attached peripherals or monitors and the laptop will not charge. 

as a work around we unplug/plug the powersupply of the dock and it will then function as normal. The Power indicator LED turns white and all of the peripherals / monitors turn on and work as intended

We have installed the latest driver and flashed the dock with the latest firmware, however this does not remedy our problem. Reducing the amount of peripherals and unplugging the attached monitors does not help either. 

our organisation uses Thinkpad T480 , Thinkpad T580 and Thinkpad L360 yoga, this issue occurs with all of these. 
our systems run Windows 10 Enterprise 1803

Help! 

dinsk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,100
Message 2 of 9

Re: Thinkpad hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock - Will not wake up

We're experiencing the same issue as the OP with X280 and T480. The problem is intermittent. Please let us know if there's a fix. Thanks.

kevin_bassy
What's DOS?
Views: 2,609
Message 3 of 9

We are also discovering this issue with our T480s's. 

What I've discovered so far:

• not every machine experiences the issue, so far it's proven difficult to determine the differences
  • in one case (my current testing guinea pig) an error has been returned:
  • usb-c dock error.png
  • the above error was despite flashing for firmware, running all driver updates, OS updates etc.
  • the symptoms we're seeing are that displays connected to the dock are not detected. USB devices, power and ethernet are all passed through the dock to the PC, but displays remain disconnected for just over 3 minutes. This state lasts for 3 minutes, then the displays are detected and connect as expected.

Desperately need a resolution to this!

JukkaS
Paper Tape
Views: 2,372
Message 4 of 9

We have exact same problem.  Tested with t460s, t470s t480 and couple HP:s and even some smartphones.  Docking station doesn't wake up when you reconnect any of the devices. It seems that this state occurs immediately when you remove device from station, not when reconnecting.

dinsk
Paper Tape
Views: 2,341
Message 5 of 9

To add to my previous post,  we discovered that if we unplug the dock's USB-C cable from the affected T480 and plug it back in to a USB-A port on the same machine (using the attached cable adapter),  the displays and dock-connected devices all work. 

I'm surprised there is no indication that this widely-reported issue has been acknowledged by Lenovo...

Cashmere
What's DOS?
Views: 1,898
Message 6 of 9

Having the same issue with the Yoga C930 and the Thinkpad 1 gen Yoga.  I had to unplug and plug back in for it to work

rpletka
Paper Tape
Views: 1,387
Message 7 of 9

I am having the same problem with a T580.

When will there be a fix for this issue?

JukkaS
Paper Tape
Views: 1,076
Message 8 of 9

For us, this problem has been fixed with latest firmware update. 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/fi/fi/downloads/ds504448

dinsk
Paper Tape
Views: 915
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for your note JukkaS:  we just started updating our docks with this latest September firmware so we hope we'll have the same outcome as you.

Best regards,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors