Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

External Displays, Options and AccessoriesDisplays, Options and Accessories
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

01-17-2019

Italy

37 Signins

259 Page Views

• Views: 259
  • Message 1 of 4

Thinkvision X1 1st gen bleeding on corners

2020-07-28, 8:16 AM

Hi there, I am experiencing a bleeding issue with 1st gen Thinkvision X1 after one month of usage. Bleeding appeared suddenly some days ago. It is almost not present as I switch on the monitor, but as I work, after some time some bleeding appears on 3 corners.

Is there someone experiencing the same issue?

Thanks for your help!

Best, Francesco

Answer
Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

326 Signins

14351 Page Views

• Views: 14351

Re:Thinkvision X1 1st gen bleeding on corners

2020-07-29, 8:18 AM

When the LCD screen isn't completely blocking the backlight, some light leaks through, causing the screen bleeding. This can happen if the LCD screen isn't perfectly adhered to its frame. 

I suppose overheating can cause it, as certain components can swell if exposed to too much heat, therefor pressing on the LCD screen so it isn't perfectly adhered to the frame. Most often the case with overheating and screens are a sort of bubbling effect, but we're now talking quite high temperatures. 

• Mildly tighten or sometimes loosen the screws at the rear of the display can help alleviate the issue

This one shouldn't be in the "possible void warranty" section I linked above, sorry. I don't believe slightly loosening or tightening the screws would do any harm. 

Before trying to loosen or tightening the screws of the LCD, I'd probably try to keep the device in a more temperate place, or use a table fan to try and cool it to see if the bleeding disappears completely. Just to troubleshoot if it is actually heat that is causing it.

Regards

Voithos 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Replies(3)
Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

326 Signins

14351 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

2020-07-28, 9:12 AM

@ Francesco13 wrote:

Hi there, I am experiencing a bleeding issue with 1st gen Thinkvision X1 after one month of usage. Bleeding appeared suddenly some days ago. It is almost not present as I switch on the monitor, but as I work, after some time some bleeding appears on 3 corners.

Thanks for your help!

Best, Francesco

Hi there Francesco13, 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Screen bleeding is a hardware fault, which is not easily fixed. Since it is only a month old and probably within warranty, I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) and see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

How To Possibly Fix Backlight Bleeding without voiding warranty:

Using a microfiber cloth softly rub the area where the backlight bleeding is prominent.

Reduce the screen brightness until backlight bleeding is less noticeable.

Mildly tighten or sometimes loosen the screws at the rear of the display can help alleviate the issue

That will most likely void warranty (in the event something gets damaged or worse)

Dismantle the display and apply electrical tape around the edges of the LCD

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

14 Posts

01-17-2019

Italy

37 Signins

259 Page Views

• Views: 259
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-07-28, 19:50 PM

@ Voithos thank you for your prompt response.

I would like to ask you one more question.

In these days, I did not use the monitor, unplugging it from any electric supply. It happens that normally it stays active even 12 hours a day.

Last week, as I turned it on, the bleeding was already there even before starting using the monitor.

Today, after some rest, I turned it on for a while, and I noticed that all bleeding disappeared.

Is it possible the bleeding appears due to overheating? the weather here is also hot these days.

Thank you

Best, Francesco

@ Voithos wrote:

@ Francesco13 wrote:

Thanks for your help!

Best, Francesco

Hi there Francesco13, 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Screen bleeding is a hardware fault, which is not easily fixed. Since it is only a month old and probably within warranty, I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) and see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be sent in to be assessed by an authorized technician.

How To Fix Backlight Bleeding without voiding warranty:

Using a microfiber cloth softly rub the area where the backlight bleeding is prominent.

Reduce the screen brightness until backlight bleeding is less noticeable.

That will most likely void warranty (in the event something gets damaged or worse)

Dismantle the display and apply electrical tape around the edges of the LCD .

Mildly loosen the screws at the rear of the display. Sometimes tightening the screws to the frame can also help.

Regards

Voithos

Answer
Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

326 Signins

14351 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2020-07-29, 8:18 AM

When the LCD screen isn't completely blocking the backlight, some light leaks through, causing the screen bleeding. This can happen if the LCD screen isn't perfectly adhered to its frame. 

I suppose overheating can cause it, as certain components can swell if exposed to too much heat, therefor pressing on the LCD screen so it isn't perfectly adhered to the frame. Most often the case with overheating and screens are a sort of bubbling effect, but we're now talking quite high temperatures. 

• Mildly tighten or sometimes loosen the screws at the rear of the display can help alleviate the issue

This one shouldn't be in the "possible void warranty" section I linked above, sorry. I don't believe slightly loosening or tightening the screws would do any harm. 

Before trying to loosen or tightening the screws of the LCD, I'd probably try to keep the device in a more temperate place, or use a table fan to try and cool it to see if the bleeding disappears completely. Just to troubleshoot if it is actually heat that is causing it.

Regards

Voithos 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms