Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 12 (595 Views)

Thinkvision X1 - High pitch noise from speakers

Hi guys,

I've just recieved my Thinkvision X1. Unfortunately I get this high pitch sound from the speakers. The sound itself isn't very high, but it gets really annoying after listening to it for a while.

I've connected two laptops to the screen and both have the same problem. Doesn't matter if I connect it via usb-c or hdmi. The only thing that stops it is to turn the sound completely off on the monitor itself, which is not a long-term solution.

Any ideas?

Blue Screen Again
Message 2 of 12 (544 Views)

Re: Thinkvision X1 - High pitch noise from speakers

Same thing on my X1.

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 12 (529 Views)

Oh no, was hoping for an easy fix.

Have you tried contacting support? Seems support-pages don't recognize my serial on the monitor!?!

Topics: 30
Kudos: 124
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 88
Message 4 of 12 (510 Views)

Hi, welcome to the forum.

If the support page don't get the serial number of the monitor, you should try to open a ticket to the phone support.

I don't have that monitor, but I'm just wondering, can you check the Windows sound settings for the speakers (I guess the sound is going with the HDMI cable, right?). Also, try to find arround another HDMI cable and test is temporarly if it improves or not.  If after some more testing you can not get that sound, maybe it is time to  open the ticket.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 12 (453 Views)

Hi there

My company just bought 12 of there. All of them have this high pitch sound, but only 7 users notice that. The rest are, I guess, handicaped.

Solution is to turn off the volume to minimum. I guess you all know what that means.

Aditional problem is that every time you connect this monitor to a laptop, the volume gets reset to default, so you need to lower it again.

unacceptable for a monitor of this price range. Totally. 

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 12 (453 Views)

Same here, with 12 of these monitors.

Ultra annoying and unacceptable for a monitor of this price range.

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 12 (439 Views)

Hi and thanks for answering.

I wasn't too clear, but I tried connecting to both Windows and Mac. My mac is my main and it only has usb-c ports. No matter what I try, different cables, lower the sound, using internal speakers on laptop only, it still gives that high-pitch noise. The only thing I can do is muting the monitor ( with button in front or lowering it on the sides until it's off ), then the noise disappears.

I love the monitor, but this issue is very annoying.

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 12 (167 Views)

Same there. It is very hard to concentrate in a quiet environment with this. Does anybody know that if I get a replacement that this will be fixed? Dont' want to go through the process if it is pointless. Thanks

Topics: 30
Kudos: 124
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 88
Message 9 of 12 (143 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi

I don't have that kind of monitor, but since there are several people with the same issue I think it is worthy to open a formal ticket support to Lenovo.

What it can be interesting to post on this thread to document more the issue is:

1) The full model number (with all the letter and numbers) of the Monitor you have. (like 60E2-GAR1-WW  )

2) Just do some trial and error with different speakers and earbuds on the 3.5 mm stereo plug. Is the pitching sound also comming from there?

3) If you can do futher trial and error you can try a different HDMI cable, and maybe connecting the monitor to a different PC.

4) On the Manual says "Your monitor has been embedded a pair of speaks with 3W, and it can support HDMI/DP/TYPE-C/USB audio output". It may be interesting to also validate if the imputs to use the speakers produce that high-pitching sound.

That are my ideas for the moment, but I think it is good to open a formal ticket too.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Administrator
Message 10 of 12 (130 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Martin,

coincidentally I was talking to one of the engineers about this yesterday and can let you know the following but I'm waiting on an update so please keep this conversation here for the moment in case things change.

The system definitely meets accepted industry standards and currently it looks as though this is one of those cases where younger people or people with exceptionally good hearing can hear this but not everybody, it's similar to the Mosquito alarm. Possible solutions are currently being investigated and they are hopefully close to a solution; currently exchanging the device is not considered a solution.

Edit; thread stickied, forgot to earlier

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Top kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count