Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 4 (109 Views)

Thinkvision X1 - High pitch noise from speakers

Hi guys,

I've just recieved my Thinkvision X1. Unfortunately I get this high pitch sound from the speakers. The sound itself isn't very high, but it gets really annoying after listening to it for a while.

I've connected two laptops to the screen and both have the same problem. Doesn't matter if I connect it via usb-c or hdmi. The only thing that stops it is to turn the sound completely off on the monitor itself, which is not a long-term solution.

Any ideas?

Blue Screen Again
Message 2 of 4 (58 Views)

Re: Thinkvision X1 - High pitch noise from speakers

Same thing on my X1.

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4 (43 Views)

Oh no, was hoping for an easy fix.

Have you tried contacting support? Seems support-pages don't recognize my serial on the monitor!?!

Topics: 29
Kudos: 110
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 75
Message 4 of 4 (24 Views)

Hi, welcome to the forum.

If the support page don't get the serial number of the monitor, you should try to open a ticket to the phone support.

I don't have that monitor, but I'm just wondering, can you check the Windows sound settings for the speakers (I guess the sound is going with the HDMI cable, right?). Also, try to find arround another HDMI cable and test is temporarly if it improves or not.  If after some more testing you can not get that sound, maybe it is time to  open the ticket.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Top Kudoed Authors