Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBigDog123
Paper Tape
Views: 9,802
Message 11 of 24

Re: Thunderbolt 3 Dock Issues with Monitors

Randomly try this.. keep your Lenovo plugged in with its own power cord, and plugged into the dock with the dock powered. Has at least stopped the cycle of problems with my t480 and the TB3 and TG dock. Need to make sure thats all plugged in when the computer starts. 

TheBigDog123
Paper Tape
Views: 9,741
Message 12 of 24

Did this today and seems to have helped too (I had a warning of nvlddmkm stopping in event viewer)

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-and-has-successf...

I turned off the PCI Express Link State Power  Management, and added the two registry keys (I added 60 in decimal form to both). Fingers crossed.

MikeLarson
What's DOS?
Views: 8,065
Message 13 of 24

Since this is the only "mechanical" comment on this docking station I am responding here. This is the worst mechanical interface I've ever seen. It usually takes several attempts to get all the poorly designed tabs and buttons to align and compress, and even then the slider mechanism that actually makes the connection may or may not engage. I would be embarassed if this product were the result of my design work. PLEASE fix this.

TOD2
What's DOS?
Views: 7,960
Message 14 of 24

I have the T580 as well but haven't had any issues thus far with my ThinkPad Ultra Docking Station 40AJ013-5US.  May I ask what your Bios Firmware version is? 

JSPC
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,901
Message 15 of 24

The issue is with the Thunderbolt dock... not the Ultra or one of the other manual docks.  I still have the same issues with mine, although now that I know how to get around it I'm not on the verge of a mental breakdown anymore.  I still have to open my screen, turn computer on, turn monitors off, plug in the TB power plug, press Function F7 and cross my fingers.  Probably works 80% of the time.  If it doesn't, I put my computer to sleep and start over.  Usually works the 2nd time around.

rw5
Paper Tape
Views: 7,798
Message 16 of 24

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place, but I was wondering where to find guidance about a home office set-up. I have the following monitor: 

Dell UltraSharp 27 4K Monitor: U2718Q

As well as two laptops I need to be able to connect to the monitor (not simultaneously...but they should be able to be easily swapped out for one another):

Lenovo ThinkPad x1 Carbon 3rd Gen

Lenovo ThinkPad x260

I need to find a docking station that will meet the following criteria:

- supports 4k monitor

- compatible with x1 Carbon 3Gen and x260

- charges laptops during use

I've been trying to figure this out on my own for a long time and am very confused by all the different variables. Anyone able to recommend a dock? Open to Lenovo brand or a 3rd party dock. If there is a better place for me to post this question, let me know - thanks!!

LenovoUser25
What's DOS?
Views: 5,448
Message 17 of 24

I'm having this exact problem with a X1 Yoga 3rd Generation and the Thunderbolt 3 Dock.

Dock worked perfectly for a couple of months, now suddenly the displayport doesn't work right. Machine recognizes that the monitor (an ACER XR382CQK) is connected but only very intermittently shows a picture on the external screen. All other devices connected through the dock (mouse, keyboard, CD drive) work properly, and the laptop charges through the dock.

All drivers and firmware are current. I actually suspect that a recent driver or firmware update caused the problem.

Support sent me a replacement that didn't work any better.

Are you paying attention Lenovo?

JSPC
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,416
Message 18 of 24

No, they aren't.  Mine is still fussy.  Had to restart it this morning after the monitors wouldn't work.  My solution I posted motnsh ago still works, most of the time.....

LenovoUser25
What's DOS?
Views: 5,408
Message 19 of 24

Doesn't really seem like a solution, most of the time or otherwise.

Help us out Lenovo!

nikho
What's DOS?
Views: 4,909
Message 20 of 24

For troubleshooting purposes, you could try to set Thunderbolt security to "SL0" or "No Security" in the BIOS settings and see if that helps. However, please remember to revert to the previous setting afterwards because this is not a good state to leave your system in, security wise (see my post here).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors